PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers Could Make Cam Newton Millions

polamalubeast
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Super Bowl XLV will feature two of the NFL's elite quarterbacks. Super Bowls almost always do. Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers bring forth an interesting storyline, however, that could eventually make Auburn quarterback Cam Newton - one of the top QB prospects available in the 2011 NFL Draft - a very rich dude.

Rodgers is a classic pocket passer, but has been at his most impressive this post-season in avoiding the rush and making plays on the move. He put on a clinic against Atlanta in avoiding the pass rush and making throws down the field - and in Green Bay's three playoff wins this season, he's added two rushing touchdowns. Roethlisberger, meanwhile, is the pictorial definition of a playmaking quarterback, as making plays with his legs has become his trademark in his illustrious career.

The NFL is a copycat league, and the fact that the Super Bowl will pit two young quarterbacks capable of making plays on their own could make a prospect like Newton more attractive to league talent evaluators. (The same may hold true for senior Jake Locker, who is actually a better athlete than Newton is.) Newton, who led Auburn to an undefeated season and a national championship while scoring 48 touchdowns and winning the Heisman Trophy, is in the Roethlisberger mold - a huge quarterback with an uncanny ability to make things happen on his own.

Said former NFL executive Greg Gabriel of Newton's abilities: "He doesn't have great speed - he's probably going to be a 4.75, 4.8 guy - but he's got real quick feet and a great feel for the rush. Then he throws well when he's on the run."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/24/1953220/ben-roethlisberger-aaron-rodgers-could-make-cam-newton-millions

CPanther95
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
3 words: Rookie Salary Cap

Merchant
01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Isn't that what they said about Vince Young?

SteelerFanInStl
01-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I really don't see Cam Newton as being "in the Roethlisberger mold".

Steeldude
01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
cam newton will suck. the is the next vince young. which moronic team will give this fool money?

Edman
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Excuse me, has Cam Newton proven he can THROW the ball at the NFL level yet?

Ben R and Aaron Rodgers are not scrambling Quarterbacks. They look to throw first, then run/improvise when nothings there. Pass First, Run second. Cam Newton, like Vince Young, is a Run First, Pass Second Quarterback.

Let's see Cam's pocket prescence and throwing ability first and foremost before annointing him anything, but I'm sure some idiot franchise will take a chance on him.

JayC
01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
cam newton will suck. the is the next vince young. which moronic team will give this fool money?

bungles or brownies http://bestsmileys.com/fingers/1.gif

SteelerFanInStl
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Yep, almost a carbon copy from what I've seen. Maybe a little better runner.

The Duke
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Yep

I have seen NOTHING from him that tells me he's different than Young so far. Probably better than Russell, but that's not saying much

Redskins will probably jump the gun on him

Psycho Ward 86
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Cam Newton is gonna get drilled in the NFL with that cute running crap. And that is one shitty "quick-release" he's got on him