PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: Pouncey no stranger to ankle sprains

stillers4me
01-24-2011, 05:40 AM
It’s likely none of the Steelers will participate in the Pro Bowl now that they’re Super Bowl bound, but even had the Steelers lost, it’s unlikely Maurkice Pouncey would have been able to play.

The rookie center suffered a high ankle sprain early in the first quarter when linebacker Bryan Thomas was blocked onto his leg. Pouncey was down for a few minutes and wasn’t able to put weight on his left ankle. He didn’t return, and was on crutches with a walking boot after the game.

“It’s just a high ankle sprain. They didn’t tell me what degree it is yet,” Pouncey said.
It’s not a new injury for Pouncey. During his sophomore year at Florida, Pouncey suffered a high ankle sprain on his opposite ankle, but didn’t miss any time.

“I hurt it on a Saturday at the game, and the next Saturday I was playing. I think I was practicing on Thursday and Friday.” ..............

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/january/24/steelers-notes-pouncey-no-stranger-to-ankle-sprains.html