PDA

View Full Version : Win a rush for Mendenhall

stillers4me
01-24-2011, 05:31 AM
The Steelers trotted out two of their legends for the latest in their long line of big games. Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier accompanied the captains to midfield for the coin toss before the AFC championship hair-pull against the New York Jets Sunday night. Then they stepped aside and watched Rashard Mendenhall run into franchise lore. Mendenhall didn't stop until he had carried the team to Dallas for Super Bowl XLV against the Green Bay Packers.

OK, Mendenhall didn't stop until helping the Steelers to a 24-3 halftime lead with 95 first-half yards.

That was good enough..............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11024/1120287-87.stm

venom
01-24-2011, 05:33 AM
121 yards was awesome . Jets couldn't stop him at all in the first half.

The Duke
01-24-2011, 09:45 AM
That was probably the best performance of his career. And all while missing his starting center for most of the game :thumbsup:

Raji and the packers will be tough to run on, but now I'm greedy, I want Mendy to run all over them!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I think the committment to the running game and dominant performance in the 1st half was probably a big surprise to the Jets. Everybody is hyping on Raji, but I think Cullen Jenkins is more disruptive. The Packers and the Dom Capers 3-4 defense is so similar to the Steelers, but I think the Steelers have the better front 7, while the Packers have the better CB play.

Gonna be a tough matchup shutting down Rodgers and that offense on turf. I guess that is why they are 2-1/2 point favorites.

The Duke
01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the committment to the running game and dominant performance in the 1st half was probably a big surprise to the Jets. Everybody is hyping on Raji, but I think Cullen Jenkins is more disruptive. The Packers and the Dom Capers 3-4 defense is so similar to the Steelers, but I think the Steelers have the better front 7, while the Packers have the better CB play.

Gonna be a tough matchup shutting down Rodgers and that offense on turf. I guess that is why they are 2-1/2 point favorites.

True, Jenkins has been a beast for a long time and is definitely the leader of the dline. But the Raji the steelers faced in 09 is way different from the one they are facing now. He seemed lost his rookie season, now he's a man out there

Tramon williams has been growing a lot lately. I expect him to be on wallace all day. Mike would almost certainly burn charles woodson anyway. And woodson vs ward should be fun to watch