PDA

View Full Version : Anything on Pouncey from the local reporters?

Slanted August
01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
BJ Raji is going to be a challenge if Pouncey cant play. Hopefully its just a high ankle sprain.

steelpride12
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Ya Its looking like a High Ankle which he would not have time IMO, damn.

zulater
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Looked bad to me, I'd be surprised to see him before next season. But I hope like hell I'm wrong.

Slanted August
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Damn,

That sucks.

fansince'76
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
His absence is gonna hurt. :doh:

Chidi29
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Probably going to need to sign a center. Hartwig? No position versatility though.

SteelerFanInStl
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Tomlin said that it was an ankle sprain. That was all he said.

salamander
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
PLEASE get better Pouncey!

XxKnightxX
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought he broke his leg the way ellis or whoever it was landed on him. Legursky did a hell of a job filling in. But hes a mismatch against Raji.

Hindes204
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Damn, I feel bad for the kid...as good as he played all season, it'll be a shame if has to miss the big dance

7willBheaven
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Pouncey said he will be playing in the SB. I think he might be able to...but we'll have to wait and see. Doug played solid I thought...with a couple mistakes, but still solid. If Pouncey doesnt go...I wouldnt be surprised if they bring someone in.

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Depending on the severity of the sprain will mean a lot. A high ankle sprain will really suck, and he could still play, but not as effectively.

Iron Steeler
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
:pray:

Merchant
01-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Big loss if he can't heal in time. I have faith that he will play though.

JayC
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
he's made of steel and will have to be really bad to miss the game. at the moment, i'm hopeful and think he will play

JayC
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
well on #1 Cochran Sports Showdown bob p said "pouncey said he will be out 2 days and will play in the superbowl"

:D

7willBheaven
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
well on #1 Cochran Sports Showdown bob p said "pouncey said he will be out 2 days and will play in the superbowl"

:D

There was a quote i saw in Twitter from Wexell similar to this....

*goes to find the Tweet*

Here it is...

"Saw Pouncey on crutches. He told me it's a sprain. I asked if 2 weeks. He said, 'Three days.'"

Craic
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Either way...

I think Doug L. did a fine job except for that snap in the endzone. Raji will be very tough for him, but I don't think it will be a complete mismatch- But of the two, I'd much rather have Pouncey in.

The Duke
01-23-2011, 11:59 PM
There was a quote i saw in Twitter from Wexell similar to this....

*goes to find the Tweet*

Here it is...

"Saw Pouncey on crutches. He told me it's a sprain. I asked if 2 weeks. He said, 'Three days.'"

We have a true competitor in Pouncey. I hope he's right

If Pouncey doesnt go...I wouldnt be surprised if they bring someone in.

If they bring someone in during the week, even if it's just some nameless scrub, I think we can be sure Pouncey won't play

I'm optimistic though. Have been about Aaron too. Would be great to have both of them back and be at full strength!

fansince'76
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
High ankle sprain. Damn.

Pouncey says injury won't sideline him for the Super Bowl

By Scott Brown, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey plans to play in Super Bowl XLV despite sustaining a high ankle sprain in a 24-19 win against the New York Jets.

Pouncey, the first Steelers rookie offensive lineman to make the Pro Bowl since the 1950s, left the AFC Championship Game on the first possession after Jets linebacker Bryan Thomas fell on his left leg.

Pouncey did not return to the game but he said afterwards that he will play Feb. 6 against the Green Bay Packers in Dallas.

“I know in my heart that I’m playing in that game,” Pouncey said after the Steelers earned their third trip to the Super Bowl in the last six years. “I had the same injury before on my other ankle and I know how to attack it. I know how to approach things.”

The Steelers will likely hold Pouncey out of practice until they arrive in Dallas, and the 6-4, 304-pounder gets extra time to heal because of the bye both Super Bowl-bound teams receive next weekend.

Read more: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719533.html

The Duke
01-24-2011, 12:09 AM
hmm, didn't flozell surprise us by playing with a high ankle sprain earlier in the season?

I think POuncey will do the same

I hope he will....

steelreserve
01-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I did read somewhere that he expects to be fine for the Super Bowl.

The lesson we need to take out of this: STOP SUITING UP 7 OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. Someone always gets hurt, usually two guys. Have an extra guy ready next time.

oneforthetoe
01-24-2011, 02:05 AM

The lesson we need to take out of this: STOP SUITING UP 7 OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. Someone always gets hurt, usually two guys. Have an extra guy ready next time.

You worry too much steelreserve. If Spaeth can be our emergency tackle, I'm sure playing center would be a piece of cake.:wink02:

Galax Steeler
01-24-2011, 02:52 AM
I hope he can play in the Superbowl as hard as he has played this year he deserves to be playing.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Most teams only suit up 7 O linemen on gameday. Its nothing new and will probably happen for the next decade. He needs to get in the Lee Flowers high ankle sprain boot and be ready to goto Dallas.

GodfatherofSoul
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Hmmm, would be nice if we'd had an 8th O-lineman suited all this time instead of hoping for Aaron Smith to make it back.

SteelerEmpire
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
He said he's had this problem before with his other leg, knows how to attack it and WILL play...

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de2959/article/steelers-pouncey-plans-to-play-in-super-bowl-despite-ankle-sprain?module=HP_headlines2col

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Hmmm, would be nice if we'd had an 8th O-lineman suited all this time instead of hoping for Aaron Smith to make it back.

Really???? They have 9 on the Roster. I really dont see what good it would do to dress Essex, Legursky and Tony Hills (or Chris Scott) on gameday. Even if they put Smith on the IR and signed another lineman as a replacement.......they would only dress 7 O linemen on gameday. They cant dress the entire 53 man roster.

Polamalu Princess
01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Please be okay Pouncy - we really need you.

Dino 6 Rings
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70N3JB20110124

Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey missed most of Sunday's win with a sprained ankle but the Pro-Bowl rookie vowed he would be ready to make the snaps to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the Super Bowl.

"I know in my heart that I'm playing in that game," Pouncey told reporters after the Steelers earned their third trip to the Super Bowl in the last six years with a 24-19 victory over the New York Jets in the AFC Championship game.

tube517
01-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Can they sign/add players to the roster at this time of the year?

Probably going to need to sign a center. Hartwig? No position versatility though.

steelreserve
01-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Really???? They have 9 on the Roster. I really dont see what good it would do to dress Essex, Legursky and Tony Hills (or Chris Scott) on gameday. Even if they put Smith on the IR and signed another lineman as a replacement.......they would only dress 7 O linemen on gameday. They cant dress the entire 53 man roster.

It would do a hell of a lot of good, though, if they dressed an extra offensive lineman and BENCHED ARNAZ BATTLE. The hell with that guy; he's been nothing but a disappointment. Smith will probably come back and get 6 sacks in the Super Bowl. The last play will be him sacking Rodgers as time runs out, then pissing all over him and walking off the field and announcing that he's retiring.

XxKnightxX
01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Either way...

I think Doug L. did a fine job except for that snap in the endzone. Raji will be very tough for him, but I don't think it will be a complete mismatch- But of the two, I'd much rather have Pouncey in.

It will be a mismatch, Raji is a human wrecking ball whos about the same height as Legursky so its gonna be a problem for Legursky since he cant get under his pads. He managed to get under Seonne's pads but Pouha still managed to push him back a lot in a lot of bens dropbacks.

Pouncey just needs to go Kendrell Bell and find his way into the line up. Im confident he will play and he will play eventually.