PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Jets - AFCC - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
BEN. BEN and BEN. I know he threw 2 picks but damn - he came through when we needed him not only with his arm, but his legs. :applaudit:

Mendy had a GREAT game and he gets one too! :drink:

As pissed off as I was with the D basically shitting the bed in the 2nd half, they came up HUGE on that goal line stand to keep the Jets out of the EZ, so they get a game ball too.

The OL gets some lovin' too, as for the most part, they played a very good game (other than the miskeys between Legursky and Ben).

CONGRATULATIONS AFC CHAMPIONS!!! :tt02: :tt03: ON TO THE SUPER BOWL WE GO!!!!

Count Steeler
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Mendy and Ben.

fansince'76
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed. Mendy and Ben. Timmons was all over the place as well.

Polamalu Princess
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Mendy and Ben 100%.

kmsteelerwr15
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Gotta go Mendy and Ben as well

The Duke
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
A lot to go around

Oline for staying together even after Pouncey going down
Mendenhall for being a man possesed tonight
Ben for the clutch moments like the last play
Defense for milking the clock when the offense couldnt

X-Terminator
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I gotta give Ben the game ball. The guy is money with the game on the line.

An absolute comedy of errors in the 2nd half, but I care not. WE'RE GOING TO DALLAS!!!!!!! :tt02:

zulater
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
The clock gets my game ball. Thank you for hitting 00.00 :chuckle:

polamalubeast
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Rashard Mendenhall

HollywoodSteel
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Just Mendy on offense. Ben played a very subpar game. He missed a sure TD by under throwing Wallace and he never get any better from there. Luckily he could do things with his legs because there was something wrong with his arm. Even that first down throw to Heath on the last series was an awful pass behind him that could have been picked. Heath saved his ass.

That said, I'm sure he'll turn it around and play a hell of a Super Bowl!

zulater
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Just Mendy on offense. Ben played a very subpar game. He missed a sure TD by under throwing Wallace and he never get any better from there. Luckily he could do things with his legs because there was something wrong with his arm. Even that first down throw to Heath on the last series was an awful pass behind him that could have been picked. Heath saved his ass.

I'm guessing Ben was feeling the effects of being sick all week. Combine that with the frigid weather, getting hit, etc... and I think he was running near empty in the second half.

But in the end he pulled himself together and made the two completions that mattered most when we had to have them.

vader29
01-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Ben and Mendy.

SteelerFanInStl
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
My game ball goes to Mendy. There was just no denying him in the first half.

steeldevil
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Mendy and Ben as well

Edman
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Mendenhall. Ben...didn't have a great game.

It was a tale of two halves. Steelers Dominated the first half, did next to nothing in the second. Geez. 24 first half points, and that was it.

But you can't be dissatisfied with the end result. You really can't.

tube517
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Jets are damn good football team. But we're better. It was a dogfight, though.

Mendenhall. Ben...didn't have a great game.

It was a tale of two halves. Steelers Dominated the first half, did next to nothing in the second. Geez. 24 first half points, and that was it.

But you can't be dissatisfied with the end result. You really can't.

Texasteel
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Ben for sure, with an honorable mention for Mendy. God I am proud of these guys.

Take that GODell.

BPS3akaWirels3
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Big Ben and Mendy with Brown/Big Red Zone a close 3/4

steelpride12
01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Mendy. It would have been a totally different game if the Steelers don't establish a run game first and run out the clock in the first half. Mendy Mendy Mendy!

JayC
01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
gotta go with ben. not his best overall game but the jets have a good defense so can't expect a perfect game. and of course, he made big plays when he needed too. he will need to be even better in the superbowl

steelerdude15
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I have to give to Mendy. Mendy had more rushing yards against the Jets then any other rusher, but more importantly, Mendy, you played your heart out tonight. You played like you had something to prove and you proved it tonight. Great job and great job to everybody else.

steeldawg
01-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Could not disagree with you more, Ben made every play in the clutch.

steeldawg
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I think we need a better philosophy for playing with a lead.

VTsteel
01-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Mendy gets the game ball - he ran with real steam today. Also, very impressed w/ Legurski's pinch hitting at center. Sure one bad snap . . . but all told did an admirable job filling in.

BlastFurnace
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Ike Taylor

Chidi29
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Gotta give it to Mendenhall. He was the main reason why we jumped out to a big lead inn the 1st half and forced the Jets into a hole that was too big to climb out of.

If it's 17-3 at the half, we probably lose.

zulater
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Gotta give it to Mendenhall. He was the main reason why we jumped out to a big lead inn the 1st half and forced the Jets into a hole that was too big to climb out of.

If it's 17-3 at the half, we probably lose.

Hard to say, you play the game differently dependent on the score at the time. Ben made plays to seal the game at the end when he had to, who's to say if we needed to put up another score he wouldn't have done that if needed?

HometownGal
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not seeing a lot of lovin for our D and even though they let up and almost shit the bed in the 2nd half, had it not been for their phenomenal goal line stand on 4 downs inside the 5 YL, the Jets could have won that game. So - as pissed off as I was at them for not keeping up the pressure on Sanchez, I have to give them props. :drink:

Devilsdancefloor
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
ike & timmons

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Mendy....we was fiyah tonight!!

And an honorable mention to Big Ben...always comes through in the clutch.

GoSlash27
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Mendy all the way. He was a BEAST!!

zmann
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Big ben gets mine his stats won't show the big first downs he ran for, or the big third down passes he made. Or his last pass to seal the game. The going head first on runs instead of sliding out. He gets my game ball.

Evo-lution

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Mendenhall! I thought he got lucky the 1st time when he ran well. Boy did he prove me wrong. Mendenhall is the 1st 100 yard rusher against the Jets in about 2-3 years!

steelreserve
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Mendenhall. I didn't see much of him in the second half, which by itself elevates his performance above most players'

Iron Steeler
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Mendy!! def killed it for us today

Iron Steeler
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Wish we could have had an opportunity do get him the call more in the 3rd quarter

Dino 6 Rings
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Mendy...against that run defense...he had a fantastic game.

Craic
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
I have to say Mendenhall on offense- with a HM to Ben.

Defense- Believe it or not, I have to give it to our DB's. Let's first look at the safeties. You almost never heard their name called tonight. There was reason for that. They kept everything between the QB and them. Not letting Santo and Edwards get behind them, stretch the field, or turn the game into a running match. CB's, there were 2 TD's scored. One was on a beautifully crafted pick play-making the D pick each other. Smart move. The other was when Ike fell. Other than that. they played well. Solid. Gay gets an HM for the TD as well.

The one long TD... was simply Ike slipping on the field.

Craic
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Hard to say, you play the game differently dependent on the score at the time. Ben made plays to seal the game at the end when he had to, who's to say if we needed to put up another score he wouldn't have done that if needed?

Zu.. is that you? Or is someone posting using your name? Your absolute positivity is freaking me out! :chuckle:

Merchant
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Game Ball - Mendy. Gotta go with the consensus here. The Jets had a solid rush defense all season, and he gashed them for 99 yards in the first meeting and over 120 in this one. Honorable Mention to the entire O-Line for excellent run-blocking, even after Pouncey went down.

NCSteeler
01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Mendy and the OL, but he unsung hero may have been the Special Teams. They had me worried all week, but put up a very solid performance. Ben didn't have his best day, but damn he made the plays when they really needed them.

Also another one going unmentioned is Arians, he out coached Ryan. All this talk about the great corner play of the Jets, well they better get better at covering the run next season. Bruce had an excellent plan.

pepsyman1
01-24-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm not seeing a lot of lovin for our D and even though they let up and almost shit the bed in the 2nd half, had it not been for their phenomenal goal line stand on 4 downs inside the 5 YL, the Jets could have won that game. So - as pissed off as I was at them for not keeping up the pressure on Sanchez, I have to give them props. :drink:

My game ball has to go to Mendi. He was undeniable. The Defense looked fabulous the first half and it looked like Coach D reeled them in in the second half which was incredibly frustrating. (it actually started after the Gay's touchdown in the first half) We went back to playing 12 yards off the corners and being passive...I really thought we had put that extra soft approach to bed the last few weeks. If they play off a little bit to keep the play in front of them, fine. But not THAT soft. I didn't see any adjustments out of them when the Jets started with the short slants. We were occasionally blitzing on those plays, but if the DB doesn't chip the receiver off the line or take the inside himself it doesn't matter.

Amazing, Dom Capers did the same thing that last 10 minutes of the NFC game. I just can't understand how these two DC's that are among the most aggressive X and O defensive guys ever end up choosing to just sit back and let a beaten opponent have a shot near the end. FRUSTRATING.

I wasn't real happy with BA and Ben's play selection in the 2nd half. It seemed like Ben was intent on looking for deep stuff whenever he threw in the 2nd half and not looking to move the flags which was all that was needed. BA gets big kudos for not being a wus on that last 3 and 5. Ben's the leader, I wanted the ball in his hands on that play and he delivered.

Oh...one other thing. I know Legursky was having trouble with snaps and caused that fumble, but I think he otherwise did an admirable job.

Galax Steeler
01-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Have to give it to Mendenhall he ran well last night.

venom
01-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Mendy and Big Ben for extending some big 3rd down plays with his arm and his legs

SteelGhost
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Rashard Mendenhall, the OLINE, and ..... yes ....... Mr. Bruce Arians :nod: :clap2:

Moose
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I gotta give the BALL to Brown who without making that final catch could have allowed the Jets to get the ball again and who knows what happens then !! An honorable mention would definitely go to Mendy. The GOAT has to go to Sanchez for the booger wipe !! yuk.....real class !!

SMR
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Mendy, Big Ben, and the O-Line!!!!

:yay3::yay3::yay3:

I feel like a kid again!

GBMelBlount
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Mendy. Yards after contact was amazing.

NJarhead
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Mendy.

ALLD
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Mendy in a classic case where the run set up the passing game.

SMR
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Mendy. Yards after contact was amazing.

And his humping Ben was great too!

:rofl2: