PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Advantage.....

GBMelBlount
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Just curious if there has been much discussion on the cold weather advantages / disadvanges for the Steelers such as Ben vs. Sanchez passing?

Devilsdancefloor
01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
id really think sanchez would HATE the cold and the wet since he is from california

steeldevil
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
id really think sanchez would HATE the cold and the wet since he is from california

That is very true. I have not thought of that!

GBMelBlount
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I wonder if Sanchez will be wearing a glove and if in the past, cold weather (or gloves) has had any affect on Sanchez's passing game.

CPanther95
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Apparently Sanchez wears a wetsuit in cold weather situations.

He doesn't normally wear a glove, like Ben does, so that could be a minor factor.

But realistically, it's all about pressure. We get in his face and it wouldn't matter if we were playing in Southern California in August.

Polamalu Princess
01-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I personally think Ben will handle the cold weather like a pro. IMHO.

HometownGal
01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
The Jets play at New Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ. I'm sure Mr. Sanchez and the rest of the Jets have been properly introduced to east coast winters. :heh: Several Jets players are from Western PA and grew up playing in the elements.

I don't think the bitter cold here will make a difference in how well either QB performs today.

Galax Steeler
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Advantage us because we are a better ball team.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
.... sanchez does not wear a glove ...

... he's had some good and some bad games in the cold ... perhaps a small % worse than in good conditions ...

... one local reporter said the balls were hard as bricks ... so i'd expect a couple more drops by the wr's than usual ... also the already shaky fg kickers may be even less accurate ...

l_j_r

Chidi29
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Wind and precipitation are typically the biggest weather factors. Professionals should be able to deal with the cold.