PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Farrior 'unquestioned leader'

stillers4me
01-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Sometime around 6:15 tonight, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will gather his guys around him in their Heinz Field locker room for the team prayer before the AFC championship game against the New York Jets. After that, he will have just one thing to do before he sends the team charging out of the tunnel and into the bedlam.

"PotDog, you got 'em," Tomlin will say to linebacker James Farrior.

Farrior will climb into the middle of the sweating, hulking mass of humanity. All eyes will be on the man they know as "Potsie." At that moment, it no longer will be Tomlin's team. It will be Farrior's team.

"Our unquestioned leader," Tomlin called him last week. "He sets the tone for this outfit."

The players won't need much of an emotional lift in those electric moments before kickoff. They already will be in a frenzied state, jacked up to get on the field and under the bright lights to play one of the biggest games of their lives. But Farrior will provide a lift anyway. He's been doing it before every game since former teammate Joey Porter left after the 2006 season.

"I never know what I'm going to say until I get in front of them," Farrior said during a quieter moment last week in the cafeteria at the team's South Side headquarters. "It always comes from the heart."............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11023/1119865-66.stm

stillers4me
01-23-2011, 08:16 AM
"Potdog" :lol: