PDA

View Full Version : Head to head: Steelers LB James Harrison vs. Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

stillers4me
01-23-2011, 08:07 AM
One.

That's how many sacks the Steelers had on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez in the Dec. 19 meeting at Heinz Field -- a surprisingly low number for a team that led the National Football League with 48 sacks in the regular season.

That is also the number of times the Jets had a third-down conversion opportunity longer than 9 yards against the Steelers. And they were faced with 13 third-down chances.

Both occurred on the same play in the Jets' 22-17 victory. Linebacker James Farrior had the only sack on Sanchez on a third-and-18 from the Jets' 46 in the first quarter.
"We don't want to have those guys in third-and-manageable situations," Farrior said. "We definitely want to get them in third-and-long situations where they're going to have to make Sanchez throw the ball."........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11023/1119837-66.stm

Galax Steeler
01-23-2011, 08:47 AM
I would like to see Harrison come up big today we have to keep pressure on him and force him into some mistakes.

JayC
01-23-2011, 09:06 AM
just as the article says, my key to the game is stop the run and you gotta get pressure. if we do that i like our chances this time around. fans need to scream each time the jets are on the field

stillers4me
01-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Who the hell names their kid "D'Brickashaw"?

The Duke
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
DBrick is VERY good. Which is why I'm hoping Woodley gets his playoff game on again

Who's their RT now, wayne hunter? Time to hunt Wood!

PalmerSteel
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
i agree. today imo has to be wood's day to make more plays than silverback.

Devilsdancefloor
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
i have a feeling Deebo will have a huge day and Wood will benefit from a tomahawk chop from deebo. Actually i think the whole Lber squad will come up big after all they are the engine that drives the D. Is it game time yet?