PDA

View Full Version : Contrasting blueprints bring similar results for Jets, Steelers

stillers4me
01-23-2011, 07:56 AM
The Steelers and the New York Jets are as different as two elite teams can be, head coaches aside.

The Steelers were built on a foundation of homegrown talent, with 17 of their 22 starters acquired through the draft.

Only five of the current starters weren't drafted by the Steelers. Linebacker James Harrison was an undrafted free agent in 2002. Inside linebacker James Farrior was signed as a free agent following the 2001 season, and safety Ryan Clark was signed as a free agent following the 2005 season. Tackles Flozell Adams and Jonathan Scott, signed as free agents, are in their first season with the Steelers. Adams and Scott replaced draft picks Willie Colon and Max Starks, who are on injured reserve.
The Jets starting lineup was put together in a different fashion...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719462.html

LLT
01-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Taylor said stability and consistency allow the Steelers to remain on top.

"I've been with (Troy) Polamalu for eight years," said Taylor, who entered the league with Polamalu in 2003. "I've been with Ryan Clark for five years. I've been with William Gay for four years, (Bryant McFadden) for (five) years. I've been with James Farrior for eight years, James Harrison for eight years. Me knowing what Troy's going to do, what Ryan Clark's going to do — and them knowing what I'm going to do — helps a whole lot. It speaks to how well the organization tries to keep guys

THIS says it all.

cakmakli
01-23-2011, 11:56 AM
This was my favorite article in the Tribune this morning