PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin says camp important for Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5izli_0q2wbDKBPymQi4qQkuE3I7AD9G8K7FG0

Tomlin says camp important for Roethlisberger
By ALAN ROBINSON (AP) – 1 hour ago

PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Steelers' starting quarterback going into training camp will be Ben Roethlisberger. And Byron Leftwich.

Because of Roethlisberger's suspension, the Steelers already know they must get another quarterback ready to play when the season starts. From the way coach Mike Tomlin dealt out snaps during the voluntary practices that concluded Thursday, it seems all but certain that Leftwich will be that quarterback.

While Tomlin isn't ruling out third-year quarterback Dennis Dixon or longtime backup Charlie Batch, he said the way that playing time was distributed this spring is an indication of where the Steelers are going.

When Roethlisberger was around, he took nearly all of the snaps with the starters. When he wasn't, Leftwich did.

solardave
06-10-2010, 06:05 PM
No surprise but I think if Byron can't get it done we'll see Dixon before Charlie. I think Ben's suspension gets backed off to 4 games and Charlie is cut in week 5.

vasteeler
06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
No surprise but I think if Byron can't get it done we'll see Dixon before Charlie. I think Ben's suspension gets backed off to 4 games and Charlie is cut in week 5.

agreed