PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Jets could face coldest playoff game ever in Pittsburgh

stillers4me
01-22-2011, 07:21 AM
The AFC championship game on Sunday might be a great matchup between two of the NFL's best teams, but there isn't a lot of bad blood between the Steelers and the New York Jets. You wouldn't call it a heated rivalry.

Especially this weekend.

The National Weather Service is predicting single-digit temperatures Sunday evening, making it possible that the players -- and the freezing fans huddled in Heinz Field -- might be experiencing the coldest Steelers home playoff game on record.
It's expected to be colder in Pittsburgh than it will be in Chicago for the Bears' afternoon game against the Green Bay Packers.

"It's shaping up as one of the coldest games here that I can remember," meteorologist Brad Rehak of the National Weather Service in Pittsburgh said Friday. "Going back to the 1970s with the Raiders-Steelers games."...........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11022/1119912-53.stm

GoSlash27
01-22-2011, 07:55 AM
That concerns me. I remember last year when the Browns kicked our asses at home largely because they handled the cold better than we did.

venom
01-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Its going to be like 7 degrees here in nYc tomorrow night and I cant imagine what its going to be there

CPanther95
01-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Sanchez doesn't wear a glove on his throwing hand.

zulater
01-22-2011, 09:10 AM
That concerns me. I remember last year when the Browns kicked our asses at home largely because they handled the cold better than we did.

I think that was more due to the wind than the cold. Plus hopefully we learned something from that game. And wasn't that game in Cleveland?

tube517
01-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Browns would've beaten us in sunny Miami. Steelers played like crap that night.

X-Terminator
01-22-2011, 09:31 AM

That game was in Cleveland.

It's going to be damn cold, but at least they won't have to worry about the wind.

GoSlash27
01-22-2011, 09:36 AM
zulater,
Yeah, it was. Just looked it up.