PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rooney frustrated by lack of progress on CBA

stillers4me
01-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Dan Rooney, chairman of the Steelers, isn't directly involved in negotiations between NFL owners and players, but he's concerned about the lack of progress and where that could lead.

"We should have a deal," Rooney said Friday, speaking at Steelers headquarters to three reporters who cover the league on a national basis. "We should not let the disruption of next season happen because of a lockout, a strike, or whatever. ... It's in everybody's best interest to get a deal. The players, of course, want to play, and that's what should happen.

"The games this year couldn't be better. The ratings are high. So why would you step back?".............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719379.html

LLT
01-22-2011, 08:11 AM
"I would rather not get the money" than expand the regular season, Rooney said.

...Hmmmmmmm........but I thought Roger said the owners were all on board for an 18 game season??????

ALLD
01-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I have been saying all along that the reason the league has been targeting Big Ben, Harrison and the Steelers as a whole is because there is a division among the owners in dealing with the CBA. Art Rooney II announced that they were close to a deal several months ago and then Kraft came out and said they weren't.

They think by pressuring the Rooneys by any means in order to get them to fall in line behind the Krafts and Goodell, will get a deal done. However, they do not understand the Rooneys. If they do not think a situation is morally correct they will not support it. That is the old NFL compared to new owners and their short-sightedness.

The WH
01-22-2011, 09:52 AM
if they are really pushing the steelers in the way you are saying they are....one of these next two games might have some big time zebra shenanigans.