PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Jets Bring Foes Together as Friends Before Sad End.

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
T.J. Jenkins and Scott Wedell never actually met, but they disliked each other from the start.

One loved the Steelers, the other loved the Jets. That sparked a blogging battle so intense it would make Rex Ryan blush.

"We were at each other's throats about everything," Jenkins said.

Tensions eventually cooled, then the rivals grew to respect each other. And finally this week, when the teams they love most were preparing to battle for the Super Bowl, Jenkins crumpled to the floor.

His blogging rival was dead. Wedell was only 19.

In his honor, Jenkins will lay down his arms this Sunday. There will be no typing during the game. Jenkins may not even be able to cheer.

"Usually if the Steelers lost the AFC Championship Game, the loss would devastate me," he said. "It's not going to hurt as much this year if they lose."

It's trite to say sports aren't life or death, and how people take them too seriously. But this story is a reminder how sports can help break down serious walls. From great ones like apartheid to small ones like the one these two super-fans overcame...........

Read more @ http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/21/steelers-jets-brings-foes-together-as-friends-before-sad-end/

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Sad story. I've following Steel Hurtin' on FB and Twitter and posted a couple of his stories.

He honors his young friend here @ http://steelhurtin.com/2011/01/19/a-somber-remembrance-to-the-worlds-greatest-new-york-jets-fan/

Craic
01-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Wow. Thank you, it is good when stories like this come out, perspective is a very important thing. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Steel Hurtin
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks you guys. Really appreciate the support it's garnering for the Wedell's cause to raise awareness. It'll be on the AOL frontpage starting tomorrow at 6AM.

LLT
01-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Very sad...We got your back SH.

Devilsdancefloor
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Very sad prayer for his family and friends

7SteelGal43
01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Prayers for his family.

Iron Steeler
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
pheww that hit me right in the heart... prayers go out to his and his family... and everyone here as well.. Love ya guys