PDA

View Full Version : Brown: Never Bet Against Steelers At Home In Playoffs

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 05:12 PM
NFL Today on CBS host James Brown previews the AFC Championship game with the FAN Morning show.

Brown, who works with Bill Cowher, says the former Steelers head coach has the same intensity preparing for the show as he did for a football game.

Brown said he’s surprised to hear that Cowher is picking the Jets to win on Sunday — particularly since he was so vocal about how the Steelers would come back to beat the Ravens.

While Brown thinks the Jets are very capable of winning on Sunday, he said he would never bet against the Steelers at Heinz Field in the playoffs...........

Listen here @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/brown-never-bet-against-steelers-at-home-in-playoffs/

Psycho Ward 86
01-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Cowher's trying to fire us up with some trash talk since the Jets aren't doing it for us :chuckle:

Thanks Bill!

CPanther95
01-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Cowher still thinks it's virtually impossible to win an AFCCG in Pittsburgh.

HometownGal
01-21-2011, 06:22 PM
The Chin was the only one out of those 5 to pick the Steelers last week and he was right in his selection. Sorry, Bill, but this week you're going to be WRONG.

Bluecoat96
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Part of me thinks that Cowher is trying to motivate the players. He said earlier in the year how the Steeler players thrive on feeling like the underdogs. Of course, part of me thinks he's just being a media whore and trying to get ratings.

Doc
01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
bah, if Cowher picked the Steelers EVERY week he wouldn't be much of an analyst would he?

That said, if it ticks the players off....rock on.

Galax Steeler
01-22-2011, 04:19 AM
I agree it is motivation to get the Steelers ready for this game.

Moose
01-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Sorry, I'm lost on this one. I really don't understand why Cowher would say that unless he really feels that way. He knows the Steeler's more than anyone, and I really don't think him making that statement is what it's going to take to 'fire' the team up. First of all, with this being the LAST game ....win and your in the SB, lose and you are nobody, should be enough to FIRE the team up!! If that doesn't fire you up than you shouldn't be in the play-offs to start with. This is the game !! I just hope that the players that really respect Cowher and what he says doesn't get down and feel betrayed enough to where it will affect them mentally. Nothing like having your 'dad' (per say) tell you he doesn't have faith in you......you know what I mean. I wish he would have kept that statement to him self.

tube517
01-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Cowher still thinks it's virtually impossible to win an AFCCG in Pittsburgh.

This ^^^

ALLD
01-22-2011, 08:25 AM
I feel better about this game than the Ravens game. All you have to do is get to Sanchez early and we win. Cowher could actually believe the Jets will win or the network might be forcing him to make that claim as part of his j-o-b.

stlrtruck
01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Cowher's trying to fire us up with some trash talk since the Jets aren't doing it for us :chuckle:

Thanks Bill!

Is this the Tom Jackson motivation?

LLT
01-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Part of me thinks that Cowher is trying to motivate the players. He said earlier in the year how the Steeler players thrive on feeling like the underdogs.

I thought the very same thing!!!!

lamont_jordan_rules
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
... always seems strange to hear that an icon for your team is picking against them ...

... supposedly when joe "willy" namath made his pick last week he picked the pats ... although all i heard from him was an interview on sirius (believe friday before the game) ... where he spent a lot of time saying how his heart was picking the jets ... but brain was trying to get him to pick pats ...

... guess the point is ... no matter what ... cowher is going to bleed black and gold ... but in his career in the media ... he has to pick against them sometimes ...

l_j_r

The WH
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
The quote is something that should be reversed, based ont he Steelers tendencies in Heinz Field for AFC Championship games.