PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to the Superbowl? / Would you go?

ajsteelers
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Since I've got faith that the Steelers are gonna pull this one off, I was thinking about how much I would love to go to see them play the Superbowl. Has anyone here ever been to the superbowl? Any way to NOT go broke trying to get there? I found this deal (http://www.signpost.com/deals/165081) where you get a luxury suite with food and drinks included for less thank 7K. ok, maybe that sounds like a lot but considering prices I've seen elsewhere for just the tickets ... maybe not?? It'd be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me so the price tag may be worth it?? Thoughts?

XxKnightxX
01-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the only way I can go to a Steelers Super bowl is once i finish my nursing degree and stay single for years and save enough for a ticket lol. Those prices are high enough to put a down payment on a house.

GoSlash27
01-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't. If I did go, I would want seats out in the open where I can make some noise to help my team.

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome to SU!! :tt03:

I'm sure I'd never be able to afford game tickets but I'd love to go sometime (to a warm weather superbowl) and enjoy the pre-game activities outdoors and then watch the Steelers win their 9th or 10th Lombardi from a nearby bar!

tube517
01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
You can pay $200 to Roger Goodhell and watch it on TV

stlrtruck
01-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I went to the 2000 Super Bowl between the Rams and the Titans and it was freakin' awesome. I only paid FV for the tickets at $375 each (had two), it is an experience of a lifetime. I actually had a chance to go to the one in Tampa 2 years ago but had a death of a friend that I opted to be at the bar with the rest of the fan club and honor our friend rather than take the ticket.

Should things work out Sunday, I'll be looking for a ticket to Dallas.

fansince'76
01-21-2011, 10:09 PM
If we make it, I'm debating splurging and trying to go. I'm more worried about the price and availability of lodging than anything else. I would imagine most hotels and motels will be booked solid and I have no family or friends in that area.

stlrtruck
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
If we make it, I'm debating splurging and trying to go. I'm more worried about the price and availability of lodging than anything else. I would imagine most hotels and motels will be booked solid and I have no family or friends in that area.

First option is to find a reasonable ticket, I figure I'll find a place to stay (if I have to, I'll sleep in my truck for two nights.

Pittsburgh43
01-22-2011, 12:26 AM
First option is to find a reasonable ticket, I figure I'll find a place to stay (if I have to, I'll sleep in my truck for two nights.

Now that's dedication lol :tt03:

Galax Steeler
01-22-2011, 04:00 AM
I would go if I ever got the chance and if I had to I would pay that to get to see the Steelers in the Superbowl.

venom
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
A friend of mine won tickets from Foot Lockers for Super Bowl XXX but I lost the " odd / even " to see who would go with him, lol . I will go to the Super Bowl when it comes here in the NJ area in a few years

XxKnightxX
01-22-2011, 04:18 PM
A friend of mine won tickets from Foot Lockers for Super Bowl XXX but I lost the " odd / even " to see who would go with him, lol . I will go to the Super Bowl when it comes here in the NJ area in a few years

Can you imagine how much of a disaster it will be to the PR department if the weather is like it is now? Cuz holy crap its worse here than it was over in Western PA. Im gonna regret quitting my job as an EMT at the meadowlands because I would of loved working in the super bowl and being on the field.

Godfather
01-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Can't remember the name, but there's a website where you can buy and sell options on Super Bowl tickets. I used it in 2007 to buy an Oregon option for the college national championship game.

The way it works is you buy and sell the options for whatever price the two parties think it's worth. If you hold the option for a team, you buy a ticket for the big game at face value (you HAVE to buy the ticket, but you're guaranteed the ticket). I bought the Oregon option in hopes of seeing LSU...as soon as Dennis Dixon got hurt I was able to get one for $5.

The Steeler options were probably dirt cheap when everyone thought the Pats* were unbeatable. Now they're probably ridiculously expensive.

Godfather
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Bowl needs to be in New Orleans again. I can crash on someone's floor and give them tickets as payment.

Boh
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
unless my own team was playing, other than that, its just another change for me to get into a fight with some drunk

steelreserve
01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Well, you could do it like this guy and not have to pay at all:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/superbowl/metro/20030120-9999_1m20dion.html