PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Smith likely out for Sunday

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
The Steelers have all but ruled out defensive end Aaron Smith for the AFC Championship Game Sunday, listing him as doubtful for the 6:30 p.m. contest.

Smith, who has not played since partially tearing the left triceps in late October, practiced on a limited basis this week.

Strong safety Troy Polamalu practiced today, as expected. He is listed as probable for the game against the New York Jets at Heinz Field.

Cormerback Bryant McFadden, who has been battling hip and abdominal injuries since late December, is listed as questionable for the Steelers’ 15th AFC Championship Game.

McFadden, who left last Saturday’s game in the first quarter after re-aggravating an abdominal injury, said he will get a better idea tomorrow as to whether or not he will be able to play Sunday...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719289.html

XxKnightxX
01-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Were banged up in the corner position, and oh my oh my does Willie Gay strike fear in me. As far as Aaron Smith goes, rest him and hope for the best if we make it to the Superbowl.

Galax Steeler
01-22-2011, 03:57 AM
There is no way we should bring Smith back unless he is fully healed and ready to go if this was the Superbowl I could see it.