PDA

View Full Version : The Bandwagon's Over-Flowing!!

Merchant
01-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. I was always pretty much the only Steelers fan in my social circle, but now all of a sudden there's "fans" popping up left, right, and center. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with Wiz Khalifa - Black n Yellow, paired with the Steelers' success this season. These bandwaggoners are annoying though, they have ZERO knowledge about the team. I asked my buddy, who was wearing a Polamalu jersey for the first time in his life, who the Steelers Defensive Coordinator was, and he had no clue! Then this other friend of mine thought Troy was a Wide Receiver.. I gave him a firm smack for that one.

Anybody else witnessing this??

SteelerEmpire
01-20-2011, 11:12 PM
I personally know of several Cowboys fans trying to "ease" their way over to the black and gold. Right now their throwing little 'hints' but have not come out straight and said it. I figure their just waiting for the right opportunity before they announce their full conversion.

BPS3akaWirels3
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Brother be proud knowing people want to be us.... It's a dam good feeling. It's my last day here tomorrow in Minneapolis and I'm walking straight into my companies HQ wearing my Pittsburgh Steelers jersey (#33) and then jumping a flight home to PA. I know I'll be turning a few heads...

steelerdude15
01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I hate band wagon jumpers. The only thing they can yell out is "six rings." It's so annoying.

steelersfan425
01-20-2011, 11:23 PM
makes us true fans look bad most of these people will be off next year rooting for the patriots again

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
This is exactly why I refuse to update my 4 time championship varsity jacket. I run into people all the time saying I should get a new patch for it, I always just smile and say, "It's fine just the way it is, it proves I was a fan before the bandwagon brigade began."

steelreserve
01-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Personally, I've noticed more anti-Steelers sentiment and taken more shit this year then ever before. Most of it is not about Ben, either. Just people who are saying, "Yeah, I'm sick of the Steelers. Except Polamalu is still awesome."

Maybe it's started to swing back a LITTLE bit since the playoffs started, but not a whole lot. Maybe it's just where I live.

Steeldude
01-21-2011, 02:32 AM
i live in the biggest bandwagon state of all. that of course is california. it's where people change their favorite team very other week.

tube517
01-21-2011, 03:17 AM
The Cryboys fans I know are jumping on the anti Steeler bandwagon. They don't want us to get #7.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2011, 03:19 AM
See it every year people wanting to become steeler fans but only after there team faulters.

Pittsburgh43
01-21-2011, 03:30 AM
I've definitely noticed the band-wagon starting to fill up. The people who have no clue about the team start buying up the jerseys and shirts. It's funny really. I've even noticed the bandwagoners on Facebook. Non-stop status updates from people who I know from school and such, posting "Lets Go Steelers! Black and Yellow!", and these are people that never gave one hint to me that they were a Steelers fan and they all know that I bleed Black & Gold. During the Ravens game, at halftime, someone posted "I'm starting to reconsider being a Steelers fan." At that moment, I wished that I had the ability to punch through computer screens. Cause I would've given that jagoff the biggest through-the-computer-screen sucker punch of their life.

But anyways, to the true fans, you know who you are: an Iron City toast to all yinz.

Here We Go Steelers!!

GutterflowerSteel
01-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Not here in Maryland - I'm in Raisins country LOL Their fans are in a constant state of bitterness over their annual losses to the Steelers :tt02: However ... I'm pretty damn happy right now! I'll be a lot happier after the game is over on Sunday & we come out of it with a big WIN :)

HometownGal
01-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Thank God I live here, as I don't run across as many bandwagon hoppers as most of you do, but believe me - there are bandwagoners here in Pittsburgh too with regard to both the Steelers and Pens. If the teams are doing well, it's "my Steelers, my Pens" but if they have an off game or couple of games, it's "they suck". Eric will tell you - I have no problem calling 'em out. :heh:

BigPoppaG
01-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Down here in VA all of the sudden every 5th car either has a Steeler window flag or decal on it.

venom
01-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Here in nYc there is no bandwagon Steelers fans . I had to walk through a Jets rally yesterday in Times Square , it was ugly .

HometownGal
01-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Here in nYc there is no bandwagon Steelers fans . I had to walk through a Jets rally yesterday in Times Square , it was ugly .

So - in other words - you had to walk through a bunch of bandwagon Jets fans? :heh:

zulater
01-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Personally I don't have any trouble with bandwagon jumpers. Being as Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team I tend to jump from one ship to the other as far as basketball team's go depending on personell. Back in the 80's I liked the Celtics because of Larry Bird. In the 90's I jumped on the 76'ers because I was a fan of Barkley's, now I'm into the Spurs because of Dejuan Blair.

Hey the more the merrier, and you know what, we're the one's that are probably nuts. For example even though i don't post about it I remain a loyal Pirate fan. But really what have the Pirates done as an orginazation to earn my support the past 20 years? The current ownership group are carpetbaggers, they're in it for the money, they wont sell to Lemiuex's group who would commit to making the team a winner. So realy aren't we in fact idiots to continue to support them? :frusty:

So why should I blame a fan who isn't emotionally invested in his home town team due to a history of their ineptness from jumping on our bandwagon?

Put it another way, just because I liked Kevin Costner in Bull Durham, and Field of Dreams does that mean I'm supposed to support him for life? Because quite frankly he pretty much sucks in practically everything he's been in since.

Sometimes I think it's a curse to care as much as I do, so I'm not going to flame on those that attach themselves to the flavor of the moment. While their high's aren't nearly as great as ours, neither are their lows.

smokin3000gt
01-21-2011, 07:04 AM
There is a pretty high concentration of Steeler fans down here in SW FL anyways. There is a local bar that has been a Steeler bar for years. The place is completely packed with Black and Gold and the only game they will put on is the Steelers. I've seen Jets and other fans pop in on Sunday thinking that it's a sports bar and want to watch their game. They yell and scream at the manager to put their game on ONE tv but he won't do it.

Ben's grand parents are usually there on a weekly basis and the bar always keeps a few tables roped off/reserved for them.

Before the game starts Iron City beer cans/noise makers are handed out so we can abuse opposing team fans if they show. I only go every once in a while anymore (as much fun as it is) because if you don't get there a good 2- 2.5 hours before kick off you will be left standing!

memphissteelergirl
01-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Well I can honestly say that there have been no Cowgirl fans defecting to the "good side" where I am. They have made their contempt known and will cheer for any team playing the Steelers.

Some yahoo in a Roy Williams jersey and full face paint (I kid you not, y'all) came to the Steeler Club watch party last week for the Ravens game. Made a total ass of himself and could not care less.

tube517
01-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Down here in VA all of the sudden every 5th car either has a Steeler window flag or decal on it.

Which part of VA do you live?

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2011, 07:27 AM
I work with a Redskins fan that says if I buy him a Jersey and a hat, he'll give away all his Redskins gear and start pulling for the Steelers. He's tired of his ownership. Pretty funny that. The Guy even has a classic Riggins Jersey he's worn a couple times to work but he's fed up at this point. Its funny.

smokin3000gt
01-21-2011, 07:39 AM
I work with a Redskins fan that says if I buy him a Jersey and a hat, he'll give away all his Redskins gear and start pulling for the Steelers. He's tired of his ownership. Pretty funny that. The Guy even has a classic Riggins Jersey he's worn a couple times to work but he's fed up at this point. Its funny.

Tell him if he can't at least cough up $40 for a chinese jersey then we don't want him.

Silverback
01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
When you're wearing a Greg Lloyd jersey near the beginning of the season and someone says, "huh, is he a rookie this year?"...then you know you're dealing with a bandwagon...or 12 year old.

I forgive the 12 year old and lend him some VHS tapes of old games and clips...then he asks wtf a VHS is...

tube517
01-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Tell him if he can't at least cough up $40 for a chinese jersey then we don't want him.

:rofl2:

XxKnightxX
01-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Honest to go God i didnt even realize the Wiz Khalifa song meaning until I basically went to Heinz field and heard the song and decided to google it and found out he was from Pittsburgh. Anyway over here in NJ I havent had any problems. Us Steeler fans stay strong and dont mind showing ourselves in front of these Jets fans that popped out of nowhere. I even get crap from Jets fans sayiing "OH ARE YOUSS EVEN A REAL FAN?" And I go ahead and show them my 4 trips to Pittsburgh and basically state that I can name everyone on the roster and know the history of the team. Then I see these bandwagongers saying black and yellow and I never fail to just shake my head and cringe at the sound of that.

Doc
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Since I've announced to my friends and family before the start of the playoffs that if somehow the Steelers hosted the AFCCG, I would go. So they have been pulling for them for me.

Aside from that, I've been getting more "enough of the Steelers already" crowd around here. Price to pay for being good for so long I suppose.

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Where in Va do you guys live. We should hook up for a game sometime next year.

Butch
01-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Here in San Antonio the cowboy fans are definitely pulling against us and most are telling me they are pulling for sanchez because he's hispanic. I come back with well what about Rivera and they have no comeback.

Now Mike Taylor from Ticket 760 a life long cowboy fan has always given the Steelers respect and loves our organization. He said on his radio show earlier this week that he is pulling for the Steelers to win. He wants to see Jerry embarrassed and once again he does love our team. This is the guy who coined the term yuk yuk to describe wade phillips and then the tank in 2K10 so that yuk yuk would get fired. Wish everyone here could listen to this guy he has done some pretty funny bits on his show.

Nadroj 20
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I see the exact opposite where I live. People who root for other teams are now Steeler haters when before they could care less about us. They are just doing it cause this is a steeler fan heavy area and they want to be annoying.

stillers4me
01-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Black and yellow...worst "steelers" song ever.

Hindes204
01-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Black and yellow...worst "steelers" song ever.

Yep

ITS NOT YELLOW, ITS GOLD!!!!!

BigPoppaG
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Newport "Freakin" News. LOL

SteelerSal
01-21-2011, 01:05 PM
"A lot of people wanna jump on the Steelers bandwagon right now. Don't do that. We didn't need you in the beginning, we don't need you now." ~ James Harrison

My qoute of Harrison in my sig says it all.

43Hitman
01-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Newport "Freakin" News. LOL

I'm sorry.

HometownGal
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Yep

ITS NOT YELLOW, ITS GOLD!!!!!

Exactly. That's why I won't even bother to listen to it, as it isn't a real Steelers song as far as I'm concerned.

tube517
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Me too. I'm in VB.

I'm sorry.

steeldevil
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Bunch of Steelers stuff here lately. I'm fine with the bandwagon stuff because that means you are good.

ALLD
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
In South Florida, the bandwagon Pat's fans are jumping over to the Jets already. They make me sick as they are both probably former Dolphin fans.