PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell did the bunch formation go????

Psycho Ward 86
01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Is it just me, or do we never use it anymore? It worked beautifully for us last year, when it seemed like we used it more than anybody else. This year, it just doesnt seem like we use it anymore? The Falcons, Saints, and Packers use it an awful lot. Not really a coincidence that they have some high octane offenses.

I miss the bunch :(

X-Terminator
01-20-2011, 07:01 PM
They still use it, just not as often as they did in the past. But something tells me we may see it a lot on Sunday night, because that would be one way to open up some room for the receivers. Revis can't watch all of them.

O'Malley
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh it's a wrinkle they aren't preped for.

steeldevil
01-20-2011, 07:41 PM
They still use it, just not as often as they did in the past. But something tells me we may see it a lot on Sunday night, because that would be one way to open up some room for the receivers. Revis can't watch all of them.

YEP. We would be dumb not to use the bunch formation against their corners. It is a great way to get seperation because of confusing the corners.

Psycho Ward 86
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Ah, well here's one reason, it looks like Arians likes to stack receivers on each side now: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81dd0a75/Playbook-Steelers-WRs

Same concept, different execution! Very good stuff, take a looksie if you have time

Merchant
01-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Ah, well here's one reason, it looks like Arians likes to stack receivers on each side now: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81dd0a75/Playbook-Steelers-WRs

Same concept, different execution! Very good stuff, take a looksie if you have time

Interesting.. I still think the 3-bunch set should be used once in a while to mix it up.

JHSilverback
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Agreed. I think with the speed at the receiver position this should cause confusion in their secondary.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Like someone else stated above don't be surprised if you don't see it more come Sunday.