PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Steelers Mojination

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
The Mojo was in full Mojination this past Saturday at Heinz Field, in the pubs, the eateries and homes of Steeler nation far and wide. This week has brought many stories of how fans changed the mojo of their normal routine at halftime of the playoff game this past Saturday when the men of steel were down 21-7. Below you will find a great story about Franco Harris touching a fans terrible towel in the halls of Heinz Field last week. Enjoy these great stories of mojination and more info below on how to send your stories in.

An Open Letter to Franco Harris
Everyone knows that the legacy and success of the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise is built on hard work, passion, toughness, and most importantly…magic. As you look back over the years and championship rings several shining examples come to mind. Four future Hall-of-Famers being drafted in the first 5 picks in 1974. Ben Roethlisberger’s game-saving shoestring trip after Jerome Bettis’ goal line fumble in the 2005 divisional round (later to be known as, “The Tackle.”) Randle El to Ward for a touchdown on a gadget play in Super Bowl XL. Santonio’s epic game winning catch in Super Bowl XLIII. Every single time “Renegade” is played at Heinz Field. Are you getting the picture?

The mother of all magical Steelers moments is of course the only play in the history of sports that God has actually intervened in, the Immaculate Reception. This was a play that scholars maintain led to the inevitable birth of Myron Cope’s magic-infused terrible towel years later. The rest is history, as the sea of swirling yellow seen all across America’s football stadiums have slowly released this playoff magic to help bring the Pittsburgh Steelers six Lombardi trophies.

This past Saturday afternoon the terrible towel came full circle in a big way. As one of the millions of superstitious Steelers fans on this planet I conserve my use of the Terrible Towel for the playoffs, in fear of using up its limited resource of magic that has been all but depleted since its inception in 1975. As the turnovers and resulting Ravens’ scores mounted on the Black and Gold I looked at my tattered towel scared, confused, and near hopeless by halftime and down 21-7. For the first time in my life I felt that my trusty towel had lost its power, that was, until I physically felt a presence in the room that compelled me to look over my shoulder. There he was, number 32. Divine intervention personified…Franco Harris............

Read more ( I mean really....you gotta read this!) @ http://craigwolfley.com/2011/01/stories-of-steelers-mojination/

HometownGal
01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
That was an awesome story but did anyone notice the crafter's name?

Shaun Greene. :horror: :lol: