PDA

View Full Version : Craig Wofley:Fighting Spirit

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 02:37 PM
After the 10-play 80-yard drive gave the Steelers a 7-0 lead against the Ravens, i watched intently from the sidelines as Flozell Adams lurched, jerked, shuddered and barely made his way to the bench area.

Great googly-moogly i thought, The Hotel must’a caught one to the gourd and he’s in la-la land. Watching the Steelers pit-crew of doctors and trainers descend on Adams as he sat on the bench began to confirm my suspicions of noggin trauma. Yet there was big Flo playing the whole first half under conditions i hadn’t yet begun to understand.
Halftime comes and goes. Big Flo is nowhere to be seen. I had wrongly assumed that Flozell had been noggin-ized and would not return to the action.

As i was hanging out on the sidelines, minding my own business i might add, i saw Steelers OT Jonathan Scott sink to the ground after a play, and he didn’t look like he was going to get to his feet any time soon.

Since Trai Essex had taken over at tackle for what i now know to be “Flu-zell” Adams, i realized crunching the numbers that there was about to be a shortage of tackles...........

read more @
http://craigwolfley.com/