PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Ike Taylor on Santonio Holmes: I’ll lay him out

SteelerEmpire
01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2011, 7:37 AM EST
Santonio Holmes

The NFL has been reminding all players to be respectful in their comments toward each other. But Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor may not have received the memo.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/20/steelers-ike-taylor-on-santonio-holmes-ill-lay-him-out/

Edman
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Uh-Oh. Ike got goaded. Damnit.

The Duke
01-20-2011, 10:33 AM
So “I’m not going to hesitate to lay him out,” becomes "I’ll lay him out"

PFT would do anything for a headline :coffee:

steelerdude15
01-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Go for it Ike, just do it legally.

X-Terminator
01-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Goaded into what? He simply said once they get between the lines, there are no friends, and he won't let up on him. And that's how it should be, especially in a game of this magnitude. You don't think Smokey wants to burn Ike for a long TD? And he's right - if given the chance, Smokey would lay him out. It's all about the Lombardi, boys. Everyone in a green jersey is your enemy.

Randy06
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I was hoping there would be no talk from us.

fansince'76
01-20-2011, 10:49 AM
I was hoping there would be no talk from us.

Same here, because you know jackasses like Florio and his ilk will not only run with it but blow it completely out of proportion. Even in this article, Ike's words were twisted into "I'm going to try to intentionally hurt Holmes." I frigging hate the media.

smokin3000gt
01-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I wish he would keep his mouth shut. Not that he said anything out of line, but we already have a bulls eye on our backs for making OWies on the football field. :binky:

Last thing we need are the refs watching us even closer and throwing any personal foul or un-necessary roughness flags.

Randy06
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Ike T Swagga University.

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2011, 11:27 AM
ef the Jets...what? are they too good to talk smack to?

zulater
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Honestly, in the context it was offered in, I don't think Ike said anything out of line.

But I'll tell you this, I hope Tomlin had a heart to heart with Ike over that head butt he got away with last week. That really pissed me off, because not only was it thuggish ( I love hard nose defense, not thuggish) but it also should have drawn a 15 yard penalty, and it also could have got his selfish ass tossed as well. Maybe I'd let it go, if this weren't about the 3rd time in the past two seasons that Ike pulled that kind of shit, but it's getting to be habit, and if he gets tossed for some silly shit like that our chances of winning drop greatly.

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Honestly, in the context it was offered in, I don't think Ike said anything out of line.

But I'll tell you this, I hope Tomlin had a heart to heart with Ike over that head butt he got away with last week. That really pissed me off, because not only was it thuggish ( I love hard nose defense, not thuggish) but it also should have drawn a 15 yard penalty, and it also could have got his selfish ass tossed as well. Maybe I'd let it go, if this weren't about the 3rd time in the past two seasons that Ike pulled that kind of shit, but it's getting to be habit, and if he gets tossed for some silly shit like that our chances of winning drop greatly.

I think the proper response from Taylor would have been something like "sorry coach...but it was TJ Houshmanzada after all."

zulater
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
I think the proper response from Taylor would have been something like "sorry coach...but it was TJ Houshmanzada after all."

Yeah Dino, that's great, but if he draws the flag, ( which he should have) or gets tossed, where does that leave the team? And again, I would have just wrote it off as one of those things, but Ike's done that too many times to just brush it off anymore. Particuarly in a playoff game you can't pull that cheap crap.

btw did anyone notice Pouncey jump in and pull Flozell off a Raven right before that situation escalated? That's the way you're supposed to do it in the postseason.

steelpride12
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Good for Ike. Why be a pussy and back off. This is for a trip to the biggest game of the year, for all the marbles and when Ike has Santo in his sights he is going to do whatever it takes to get the ball away from Santo and if that means laying his sorry ass out good for you Ike!

tube517
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Swaggin

I said it before....our secondary won't hesitate.

Sandoobio better bring his "A" game, because he's just another Jet.

HometownGal
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I love ya Ike, but shut up. Do your talkin' on the field. Period.

patssmelllikepoo says: Jan 20, 2011 7:59 AM

This Ike Taylor couldn’t even layout Tina Turner! Ike buddy, your mediocre at best.

Well - doesn't this one win the football intellect of the year award? Hey poo-poo - where's your Pats this weekend? :upyours: :lol: