PDA

View Full Version : Aliquippa native Revis comes home again

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 05:12 AM
None of his New York Jets teammates knows the nuances and hazards of the unpredictable Heinz Field turf as well as cornerback Darrelle Revis.
For three years he helped wear out the field while playing for Pitt. In his return last month, he helped the Jets beat the Steelers.

"The playing surface is very tough," he said.

But nearly in the same breath, Revis referred to the field, and the turf at Three Rivers Stadium that preceded it, as "hallowed ground." In fact, he said it twice. Before his accomplished college career, long before he became known as perhaps the best at his position in the NFL, Revis grew up in Aliquippa well-schooled in Steelers history and tradition.

"It's just the environment," he said. "They play great football, the fans are great. It's a blue-collar city, and they love their football."............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718982.html

lamont_jordan_rules
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
... interesting ... i knew he played at pitt ... didn't realize they played at heinz field as well ...

l_j_r

Hindes204
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
... interesting ... i knew he played at pitt ... didn't realize they played at heinz field as well ...

l_j_r

yes, Heinz field is also The University of Pittsburgh home field......I remember him playing at Pitt, they guy is a stud