PDA

View Full Version : Steeler loyalties put to test for Jets families

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Tiffanie McCullough usually roots for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Not this week.
On Sunday, the Wilkins woman will wear green and white and scream her head off for the New York Jets.

Who can blame her? Her younger brother, Jason Taylor, who played football at Woodland Hills High, is a starting linebacker for the Jets.

"I am a Jason Taylor fan," said McCullough, 38. "I want the Steelers to win when they're not playing him. We have some family members who are big-time Steelers fans, but when it comes to my brother playing the Steelers, we show up at the games to support him."

Loyalties are straining across the region this week with the approaching AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field. Fans from Aliquippa to Deep Creek, Md., are forced to choose between a hometown favorite and loved ones playing for the opposition.
For the most part, the Jets are winning.............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719009.html

Akagi
01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Props and the utmost respect for those who stick to their loyalties in the face of mass opposition. It's what makes sports fandom great!

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2011, 11:33 AM
ahh...deep down she wants the Steelers to win...

Hindes204
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Darryl Revis, 44, of Aliquippa said his son idolized the Steelers while growing up. Darrelle always imagined himself playing in Pittsburgh, and fingers were crossed in Aliquippa four years ago with hopes the Steelers would draft him out of the University of Pittsburgh.

That would be strange...growing up a fan your whole life of a team, and then have to play against them. I've often wondered if players of his caliber would play for their hometown team at bottom of the rung prices. I know some players play for less to stay with a team, but has there ever been a case where a player tried his hardest to get to one particular team and play for dirt cheap?

Just something I was wondering about as I read this article

venom
01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Shes is denial