PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice...

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 04:51 AM
We taped the Ravens game last night on NFL Network (we got diresct TV on Monday, yeah!)and I watched alittle bit right before I went to bed.

I watched the "stupid play", the one where Ben fumbled and the Ravens scored a TD while everyone stood around and dranking latte with the refs. :drink:

I need to look at it again, but when they showed it from another angle, one arm was knocking the ball out of Ben's hand and the other was behind Ben, shoving his head down. This was right after Suggs dove at Ben's knees. I have to watch it again tonight to be sure.

X-Terminator
01-20-2011, 05:38 AM
No, your eyes didn't deceive you. A number of people have complained that there should have been a flag thrown for Suggs hitting Ben in the head, but of course it wasn't. We just have to face it - Ben will never receive the protection that the other star QBs get.

venom
01-20-2011, 05:57 AM
I was watching it last night again , I did not notice it-will look at next time its on .

Texasteel
01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
I noticed it right off, but have become so use to the new Ben rule, which is that you can do what ever the hell you want to do to him, that I didn't think that much of it.

If half that stuff happened to Marsha, the entire Jets team would have been kicked out to the game and the cheerleaders executed.

Thank You mister GODell for a fair and even NFL.

CPanther95
01-20-2011, 07:03 AM
You can punch him in the face and break his nose without a penalty, so I guess we're still waiting to see where the line is drawn with Ben.

I think if 4 guys get to him and draw & quarter him, we'll probably get a 5 yard defensive holding call.

T&B fan
01-20-2011, 09:19 AM
but he was just trying to tackle him:sarcasm2:

Galloway6
01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think Ben will ever get the calls.

Silverback
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah. Noticed it the first time I saw the replay. Suggs right hand smacks the right side of Ben's helm, and Sugg's left smacks the back of Ben's helm, twisting and forcing his head down.

Luckily, we have a man at QB and not a Nancy.

Still, gotta love the NFL's double standards when it comes to "the elites". Remember the Indy and Philly game when Manning fumbled on 4th and long but it was called back because a defender touched his helmet while going for the ball?

Ben (around the 1:45 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8oSKyZecEM

Manning (around the :40 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYhtFjtruc

C'est la vie. We won, now it's on to the Jets. Hopefully, Ed's crew will do a good job.

Animal Mother
01-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow those two videos spell it out perfectly. Unreal.

T&B fan
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
thanks for posting the video . I did not see that in the game. he was going for his head .

zulater
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow those two videos spell it out perfectly. Unreal.

Wow, that is absolutely true! What a double standard!

zulater
01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah. Noticed it the first time I saw the replay. Suggs right hand smacks the right side of Ben's helm, and Sugg's left smacks the back of Ben's helm, twisting and forcing his head down.

Luckily, we have a man at QB and not a Nancy.

Still, gotta love the NFL's double standards when it comes to "the elites". Remember the Indy and Philly game when Manning fumbled on 4th and long but it was called back because a defender touched his helmet while going for the ball?

Ben (around the 1:45 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8oSKyZecEM

Manning (around the :40 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYhtFjtruc

C'est la vie. We won, now it's on to the Jets. Hopefully, Ed's crew will do a good job.

Way to slam home a point Silverback! If we we're in a courtroom, you just had a Perry Mason moment. :applaudit:

Texasteel
01-20-2011, 11:25 AM
After seeing the video again I think I changed my mind. He didn't hit Ben in the head, he grabbed his head with both hands and tried to twist it off like a bottle cap.

**** You GODell.

Angina
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh hell, if Ray McStabby Lewis knifed Ben on the field he wouldn't get a flag, maybe a fine after the fact for using a prop, ala OchoStinko.

Thank God, Ben is so tough and resilient.

Silverback
01-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Way to slam home a point Silverback! If we we're in a courtroom, you just had a Perry Mason moment. :applaudit:

In the case of the NFL vs Roger GODell, the prosecution rests, your honor :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2011, 12:04 PM
kind of funny that we didn't get a call there...but I have a feeling...I feel that we will get all the calls this weekend...after all...we pay the refs :)

GodfatherofSoul
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Same thing happened to Brady, too. A guy barely swiped his helmet and got called for a PF.

Butch
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
No I did not notice but the FOOTBALL GODS Noticed

Final Score we win losers go home!!!

Suggs is a LOSER just like his scumbag team!!!

Enjoy the golf games boys!!!

tube517
01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
As soon as Ben drops back to throw, the refs look at the OL for holding and any false start/procedure calls. After that, they will look at their watches to see what time it is.

vasteeler
01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
yeah i saw it as it happened. what can you do though?......fuggin' refs

stillers4me
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Check it out at 1:42............

ALLD
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Goodell reminds me of Col. Klink from Stalag 13. The NFL will do anything to slow down the Steelers because they win too much. That's why there are rules created to restrict their play and other rules to enhance the play of others who cannot compete under existing rules.

Psycho Ward 86
01-20-2011, 06:27 PM
We taped the Ravens game last night on NFL Network (we got diresct TV on Monday, yeah!)and I watched alittle bit right before I went to bed.

I watched the "stupid play", the one where Ben fumbled and the Ravens scored a TD while everyone stood around and dranking latte with the refs. :drink:

I need to look at it again, but when they showed it from another angle, one arm was knocking the ball out of Ben's hand and the other was behind Ben, shoving his head down. This was right after Suggs dove at Ben's knees. I have to watch it again tonight to be sure.

The head shot was definitely there, but he didn't take a shot at the knees, that was a perfectly good hit right on the quads.

BigNastyDefense
01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
This is what I have come to expect from (no)Goodell's NFL.

SMR
01-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Nuthin' surprises me as long as Goodell is in power.

O'Malley
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
That's against the rules? I was under the impression that hittin Ben in the head was okay!

86WARD
01-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Definitely should've been a penalty for both of those plays. Again...Brady/Manning get that call...obviously, Ben does not...lol.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Suggs had every intention of taking Ben out of that game. He was hit in the head by Suggs and also he went for his knees.