PDA

View Full Version : Is Rush Limbaugh just losing it?

Doc_Holiday
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I didn't believe when I heard people pitch a fit about this, then I laughed when I heard this in disbelief. I believe Rush has gone off the deep end here.

http://gawker.com/5738044/rush-limbaugh-shows-off-his-chinese-voice

Borski
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Eh I never watch his show, but he's just complaining about their not being a translation. A little racist but not that big of a deal in my opinion, if people are offended by that they are a over sensitive .

Doc_Holiday
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm not that offended as stunned he did it. Some of my favorite Bugs Bunny Cartoons were a bit racist and yet very funny. I think he's just trying to see what he can get away with - that's not comedy.

X-Terminator
01-20-2011, 05:48 AM
The better question is why is anyone listening to Rush Limbaugh?

GoSlash27
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I already have enough reasons to tune out Rush. I don't need some invented controversy.
Anyone who claims to be offended by this is either a liar or a moron and makes Limbaugh seem *less* obnoxious in comparison.
/meh

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I already have enough reasons to tune out Rush. I don't need some invented controversy.
Anyone who claims to be offended by this is either a liar or a moron and makes Limbaugh seem *less* obnoxious in comparison.
/meh

This

beSteelmyheart
01-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I agree that people are getting waaaaaay too sensitive these days. I'll listen to him for lack of anything else when I'm in the mood for talk radio & actually heard the bit & didn't think much of it one way or the other. People take him too serious, he's basically just a big blowhard who harps on the same things day after day.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree that people are getting waaaaaay too sensitive these days. I'll listen to him for lack of anything else when I'm in the mood for talk radio & actually heard the bit & didn't think much of it one way or the other. People take him too serious, he's basically just a big blowhard who harps on the same things day after day.

Yep just like Bill Maer or anyone else on the other side of the aisle. People need to realize that these guys are the original shock jocks. They only exist to feed red meat to their constituents. That's what pays the bills, its no different than reality tv. People love to watch the car accident or train wreck.

steeldawg
01-21-2011, 05:24 AM
That is stunning audio ? really? I dont listen to rush but we are really getting ridiculous. Rush did a chinese voice OMG !! I hope this doesnt convince anyone to go on a shooting spree, damn you rush, damn you!

7SteelGal43
01-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I just love Rush !

Doc_Holiday
01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
He's a great entertainer - and that's all he is. He's not a shock jock - I wouldn't go that far but what do I know. True shock jocks don't have long careers and are almost always regional if memory serves me...

Wait... what?!?

7SteelGal43
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Everybody says "Rush is just an entertainer" but as I have listened to him for many many many years, he's not just saying the things he says for mere effect. He says what he means and means what he says. He's entertaining as hell but he's not an entertainer. He's a political commentator with decidedly conservative beliefs. It's funny that those that use the most verbage to describe Rush (especially in negative terms) are the ones that listen to him the least (if at all).

T&B fan
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Everybody says "Rush is just an entertainer" but as I have listened to him for many many many years, he's not just saying the things he says for mere effect. He says what he means and means what he says. He's entertaining as hell but he's not an entertainer. He's a political commentator with decidedly conservative beliefs. It's funny that those that use the most verbage to describe Rush (especially in negative terms) are the ones that listen to him the least (if at all).

yea as long as it don't apply to him . "druggies should be throne out of the country" ,till it was him ... mister hill billy heroin

Hindes204
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Cmon, was it really that bad. I laughed, it was meant as humor. Some people are too sensitive

Godfather
01-22-2011, 04:17 PM
How can he lose it? He never had it.

JonM229
01-23-2011, 12:28 PM
How can he lose it? He never had it.

Up top!

beSteelmyheart
01-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I listen to him alot because I'm at this talk radio phase & can't stand today's music radio & he is all that my radio will pick up. I disagree that he is not saying things for mere effect, he wouldn't be where he is if he didn't. Although he brings up some good points, I wouldn't be buying his rhetoric hook line & sinker because he is a bit of a gasbag & a hypocrite.
Doc makes a good point about regional "shock jock" radio-my favorite is Bubba the Love Sponge out of Florida, he's more like the regular type of guy who tells it like it is.