PDA

View Full Version : X-Steeler Andy Russell signing autographs Friday in Harrisburg

BPS3akaWirels3
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Andy Russell will visit the Camp Hill Borders book store from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday to autograph copies of his newest book, "Beyond the Goalpost." It's a compilation of stories related to his days of playing football with the Steelers as well as anecdotes and reminisces of his travels around the world, mountain climbing, wilderness canoeing, cave exploring and scuba diving

http://blog.pennlive.com/fanbox/2011/01/ex-steeler_russell_to_sign_boo.html

HometownGal
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
XT and I had the pleasure of meeting Andy at the Steelers luncheon 2 years ago and he's a very nice guy! :thumbsup: If any of you living in the Harrisburg area have the chance to get to that Borders to meet #34 and get his autograph, do it!

BPS3akaWirels3
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
XT and I had the pleasure of meeting Andy at the Steelers luncheon 2 years ago and he's a very nice guy! :thumbsup: If any of you living in the Harrisburg area have the chance to get to that Borders to meet #34 and get his autograph, do it!

I really wise I could... I don't get back home from Minneapolis until 11pm Friday night and the wife works all day..

oneforthetoe
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Even though I don't remember Russell's playing days all that well (just a sprout I was), a close look at Steelers' History shows that Andy is one of the most unappreciated Sttelers' Players ever. He was a Pro Bowl player before the Steelers had a Steel Curtain (7 times all in all). And thereafter, Andy was an intricate part of that defense for the first half of the 70's. He really does have the credentials to be in the HOF.

Galax Steeler
01-20-2011, 03:27 AM
I wish I could meet him and get his autograph but there is no way possible.