PDA

View Full Version : Holmes: "I Don't care About the Steelers"

Bluecoat96
01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Hopefully they'll show his entire press conference, because this little clip doesn't do him justice. That thug just doesn't get it. Eff him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81dca02d/Holmes-I-don-t-care-about-the-Steelers

HometownGal
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Santo was one of my favorite Steelers when he was here but he proved he isn't the MAN I believed him to be and now has proven that he didn't ever deserve to wear the black 'n gold which, imho, is a privilege.

Go back to playing with Mary Jane, you egotistical ungrateful jackass. Ike's going to make your life a living HELL on Sunday.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
He said something to the fact that if he wins the SB it would be a slap to the face of Pittsburgh.

Edman
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Ah, good Old Jets. Didn't take long.

I don't care about you either, Santo.

SteelGhost
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Nothing worth to see here, let's play Steeler Football for 60 minutes and we'll be fine even if Holmes has a good day (which I don't think will happen) Just blitz Sanchize and he will be missing his targets.

Thanks fot "the catch" Santonio, go get your weed and move on :wink02:

Count Steeler
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Santonio - S(hit) = Antonio. How I would love to see a few 40 yard completions from Antonio and Emmanuel.

tube517
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
We got the new "Tone", Antonio Brown.

As for SH, good riddance with your "that's how you be great (throwing glasses at women)" junk

Bluecoat96
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
He said something to the fact that if he wins the SB it would be a slap to the face of Pittsburgh.

I think what killed me about what he said wasn't so much this, but rather the fact that he mentioned how he really had no idea why the Steelers traded him. Oh come on..don't even try to play the sympathy card, druggie.

fansince'76
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Just for you, Santo. Keep an eye out for the "piss man" - you're out for a year next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 04:18 PM
He was traded because he was one of two stars that got in trouble...and we decided to stand behind the Franchise QB over one of the Super Bowl MVPS on our Roster, who replaced another Receiver...and who is actually already replaced at this point.

That's pretty much it Holmes...don't get pulled over in Downtown Pittsburgh Blazing a J and we'd keep ya around...oh...and after that...don't piss hot again...and again...

GoSlash27
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Actually, I think he's got the right idea. This game shouldn't be a "personal" thing for him. He got traded and he knows why. It had nothing to do with his ability to make plays.

Silverback
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
That's what happens when you're more trouble than your worth. In just his second season, Wallace already has more TD's and yards than Holmes has had in any of his 5. Thanks for your Super Bowl heroics, on that drive, but you're not missed. 86, 17, 88, 84, and hell, even 82 > 10 in this guy's book.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Boy he looks pissed. Kid has a chip on his shoulder, I expect him to have a monster game. Watch out

Shoes
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Here you go Holmes..... just for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3Iq3XQkAw

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
he must be smoking dope again oh that's right he didn't smoke any today he smoked yesterday....what a jackass.

SteelerEmpire
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Well. One things for sure now.... IT'S ON !!!

KeiselPower99
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I dont really care what he has to say. Holmes was a douche when he played for us and I was damn excited when Wallace played great last year I knew it wouldnt be long until he was gone. Holmes likes to smoke the J guess what...The whole Steelers team are gonna smoke a j come Sunday when we leave the Jets in the playoff smoke.

BPS3akaWirels3
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Here is to hoping he drops the ball as much as he did on Sunday.. ahah

memphissteelergirl
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I dont really care what he has to say.

Neither do I, which is why I did not click on the link in the OP.

I appreciate his heroic catch in XLIII, but he's a Jerk...uh...Jet now. And if he wants to be an a** about his time here, let him have at it. I don't care.

SteelerEmpire
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
He's been around the Jets too long now. Now he's becoming one of them as now noted by his "talk trash" tone of speaking... Once a Steeler, always a Steeler ? He "was" a Steeler, but by his admission here, he's no longer one. He's kind of like the "Terry Bradshaw" of our former Wide Receivers ... I now give him 2 thumbs down...

Devilsdancefloor
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
i really thought he was turning a corner after he got busted and manned up, then his catch in SB43 i really thought he grew up. All the respect i gave him make me feel like wasted time. i dont care about him either i hope he gets jacked up sunday going across the middle! Hope we dont see him "flex" after a catch that was so annoying when he was in the burgh

Godfather
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
How many chances did we give this clown???

Craic
01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Huh?

In this clip, what exactly did he say that was wrong? If we met Dallas in the SB, and Flozell said these things, what would we think? We'd say, "yep, that's just about right."

He's a Jet. This is about the Jets making it to the SB. The Steelers are in the way. Nothing is personal. If they win the SB, and beat the Steelers on the way there, than Bongtonio gets to hold a trophy after being traded. Of course he is going to think, "Shouldn't have traded me guys."

Honestly, this isn't smack. It isn't even newsworthy, except that someone in the press is trying to make hay out of stubble.

Funny also, how people forget him saying these things,

But Sunday, Holmes returns to Pittsburgh under conflicting circumstances. Part of him wants to show Pittsburgh why he was worth more than the fifth-round pick he was traded for back in April, and how explosive he can be within the Jets offense. The other part still misses those connections he had.
He still talks regularly with Steelers cornerbacks Ike Taylor and William Gay. He receives texts from some of his old coaches every Saturday.
“It’s been on my mind for quite some time,” Holmes said. “I just never let it play into factor until now.
“I had a great relationship with those guys.

Really, every player says this about every team he leaves-this isn't even bad. Remember Joey Porter taunting the Steelers when he got his INT? Did we see Holmes do anything like that? You know, since he likes to pose and flex and point at his biceps all the time.. wouldn't he also make a scene just for catching the ball?

Look, Holmes is missing something upstairs if he can't understand why he was traded. However, making hay out of this statement... is a little silly IMO.

Bluecoat96
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Huh?

In this clip, what exactly did he say that was wrong? If we met Dallas in the SB, and Flozell said these things, what would we think? We'd say, "yep, that's just about right."

He's a Jet. This is about the Jets making it to the SB. The Steelers are in the way. Nothing is personal. If they win the SB, and beat the Steelers on the way there, than Bongtonio gets to hold a trophy after being traded. Of course he is going to think, "Shouldn't have traded me guys."

Honestly, this isn't smack. It isn't even newsworthy, except that someone in the press is trying to make hay out of stubble.

Funny also, how people forget him saying these things,

Really, every player says this about every team he leaves-this isn't even bad. Remember Joey Porter taunting the Steelers when he got his INT? Did we see Holmes do anything like that? You know, since he likes to pose and flex and point at his biceps all the time.. wouldn't he also make a scene just for catching the ball?

Look, Holmes is missing something upstairs if he can't understand why he was traded. However, making hay out of this statement... is a little silly IMO.

Preach, you gotta see the entire press conference. Santonio made reference to the Steelers not saying anything about why he was traded. Hopefully they'll post all of it at some point.

tube517
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Well, it's just more "talk" but it's regular football talk. But, he is a part of our legacy. Don't think we could've won SB XLIII without him because he and Ben took over the game.

However, he and his team are standing in our team's way. So, keep talking #10. Don't think that Clark or Polamalu or Deebo will not hesitate to jack you up (unless a flag is thrown, which we know it will) because you're a former Steeler.

GoSlash27
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
However, making hay out of this statement... is a little silly IMO.
'Zackly. The problem is that we don't have a controversy and people are trying to invent one. I don't think we need to be outraged in order to want to win this game. #7 should be reason enough.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Here is to hoping he drops the ball as much as he did on Sunday.. ahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZiRBLh8P7s

If he's taught us anything during his time in Pittsburgh, it's that he will make catches like that when it matters. All day, Err'day. He is the most potent breathing entity on the Jets offense.

tube517
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
He is the most potent breathing entity on the Jets offense.

Yep, he knows how to inhale.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Yep, he knows how to inhale.

Lol! Doobie jokes aside, I think Santonio is the guy we should most be worried about having a breakout game.

Craic
01-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Preach, you gotta see the entire press conference. Santonio made reference to the Steelers not saying anything about why he was traded. Hopefully they'll post all of it at some point.

That may very well be true. I was only responding to what I saw here.

GodfatherofSoul
01-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd agree that Holmes would have a monster game, but I don't think Sanchez is going to have a chance to get it to him.

Edman
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Santo did what he did, it happened. We got rid of him. End of story.

Should the Steelers lose Sunday, it won't be because of Santonio's plot for revenge. They will lose because they simply were outplayed by the Jets. Wether it be costly mistakes by the Offense, or the Defense simply being unable to make a crucial stop.

I didn't regret letting Santo go, and regardless of what the scoreboard reads when Triple Zeroes hit Sunday Night, I stick to it. Santo, you punched your own ticket out of town, no one else did. You've fucked up many times and were given many chances to clean up your act. Right after we drafted your ass your got arrested, then we got the lowdown about your life. During the XLIII run it looked like you were ready to cut away from the troubled bullshit and finally matured into the next potential Steeler great. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Now you can wake n' bake and throw wine glasses at people in New York. Live with it.

JayC
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
santos theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3DxJcQAIg

steelerdude15
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Good and i don't like him. He doesn't even deserve to be a SB MVP and he should have never been named it. That was Ben's drive, even though he made a great catch and he is a great WR, it was Ben who marched that team down the field.

Craic
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Santo did what he did, it happened. We got rid of him. End of story.

Should the Steelers lose Sunday, it won't be because of Santonio's plot for revenge. They will lose because they simply were outplayed by the Jets. Wether it be costly mistakes by the Offense, or the Defense simply being unable to make a crucial stop.

I didn't regret letting Santo go, and regardless of what the scoreboard reads when Triple Zeroes hit Sunday Night, I stick to it. Santo, you punched your own ticket out of town, no one else did. You've fucked up many times and were given many chances to clean up your act. Right after we drafted your ass your got arrested, then we got the lowdown about your life. During the XLIII run it looked like you were ready to cut away from the troubled bullshit and finally matured into the next potential Steeler great. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Now you can wake n' bake and throw wine glasses at people in New York. Live with it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kv0cZXQx8Hw/SoLWNp6Ct5I/AAAAAAAABj0/5DiMj-Mt8cg/s320/AnimatedDogLaughing.gif

What else can one say? Perfectly stated.

X-Terminator
01-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Well, I heard during a radio news break that he called Troy "the greatest player he's ever played with." :noidea: Take it for what it's worth, but he apparently at least has respect for some of the Steelers players.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
... sounded to me like he was trying to say it's just business not personal ...

... he def messed up on that message a little bit though ... by actually delving into a personal message of - if the jets win the superbowl it would be a slap in the face to the steelers for letting him go ...

... luckily for the jets hes been a model citizen for us this year ... i'm sure the fact that he's only on a 1 year deal ... and is playing for a new contract, whether that be with the jets or another team, is keeping him toeing the line ...

l_j_r

Edman
01-20-2011, 09:28 AM
The Steelers stuck with Ben over Holmes for two reasons:

It's difficult to replace a Quarterback. It's get rid of Ben, and effectively shut the window of contention for the Steelers for GOD knows how long, or get rid of Holmes his four-game suspension, and his pedestrian, inconsistent play. Guys like Ben are VERY hard to find. Guys like Holmes are a dime a dozen. Seeing how easily the Steelers replaced him this year.

Ben didn't start having off-field issues until recently. Holmes has had baggage since we drafted him. Ben showed cooperation and was willing to straighten up. Holmes did not.

If the Steelers were not willing to give Ben another chance and dropped the axe, the Steelers wouldn't be here right now. If we kept Holmes instead, we wouldn't be here right now. This is a Quarterback league. You need a Quarterback to contend and win. I'm pretty sure we Steelers fans can contend for that.

Galloway6
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Well put Edman, and Tone was also in trouble while at OSU.

Craic
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
The Steelers stuck with Ben over Holmes for two reasons:

It's difficult to replace a Quarterback. It's get rid of Ben, and effectively shut the window of contention for the Steelers for GOD knows how long, or get rid of Holmes his four-game suspension, and his pedestrian, inconsistent play. Guys like Ben are VERY hard to find. Guys like Holmes are a dime a dozen. Seeing how easily the Steelers replaced him this year.

Ben didn't start having off-field issues until recently. Holmes has had baggage since we drafted him. Ben showed cooperation and was willing to straighten up. Holmes did not.

If the Steelers were not willing to give Ben another chance and dropped the axe, the Steelers wouldn't be here right now. If we kept Holmes instead, we wouldn't be here right now. This is a Quarterback league. You need a Quarterback to contend and win. I'm pretty sure we Steelers fans can contend for that.

I'd take the your first point out of the equation. It is difficult to find a RB that fits our style as well, especially 10 years ago. But the Steelers dropped and up and comer in a second.

Instead, I'll add this second reason. Ben RECOGNIZED his issues and problems, and began the process of growing up. Bongtonio--did not.

steel striker
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Plus listening to Holmes he is still upset about being traded. I guess he has not moved on and, hopefully he will not matter on sunday night's game.

Kittyfish
01-21-2011, 08:05 AM
So is Santonio saying if the Jets win the SB, it will all be because of him? And if we lose the SB, or don't advance, it will all be because he is no longer with us? Ego much? That makes no sense at all.

Jim Rome had a nice little rant yesterday about how Santonio, despite his claims, punched his own ticket out of town by his own actions - nobody wants to dump a SB MVP, but his continuous off the field issues demanded action.

Agree totally with Edman (which I do surprisingly often - don't know if he would think that's a compliment or not!). Wide Receivers are a dime a dozen, and I'm perfectly satisfied with our WR corps right now. Quarterbacks are another story altogether. The pundits who say Ben's (and the Steelers) success is mostly due to an outstanding defense don't seem to take into consideration that we've had good defenses most every year but it took a good QB to finally put us over the top after a 20-some year drought. Ben continues to get very little respect, but he is the perfect QB for the Steelers and I wouldn't trade him for Aaron Bradding himself, should such a creature come around.