PDA

View Full Version : On The Steelers: Defense get second chance vs. Jets

stillers4me
01-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Back in the week before Christmas, the Steelers special teams allowed a 97-yard kickoff return and their offense gave up a safety that, combined, made a difference in their 22-17 loss to the New York Jets in Heinz Field.

But the NFL's No. 1 defense in points allowed, sacks and yards per play did little to stem the tide.

The Jets ran for 106 yards, most against the Steelers all season. The Jets did not have a turnover against a defense that caused the second-most turnovers in the league. And Mark Sanchez was sacked just once for no yards lost against a defense that led the NFL with 48..................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11019/1118910-66.stm

HometownGal
01-19-2011, 06:21 AM
I have no doubt our D will be ready for the Jets this time and hopefully, we'll see consistent pressure on Sanchez from start to finish - no letting up even if we secure a decent lead. Make a statement on the Jets first drive and let Sanchez and the Jets know without a doubt that our D means business. :tt02:

As far as the ST's goes - somehow I think Everest will have this unit primed and ready to do battle.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-19-2011, 08:29 AM
... it will be interesting to see if smith is greenlighted to play after what seemed to be a groin strain ... if he does, will he still have the burst to exploit a gap if one opens ...

... the jets have hunter playing right tackle instead of damien woody ... he played a couple weeks at the end of the year (i don't recall if he or woody played in our earlier match up) & in the playoffs ... and has performed admirably ... woody was showing his age a bit & seemed a half step slow occassionally against speed rushers ... but was still sound in the running game ... so ... i'd expect possibly a slight downgrade for the jets in runs to the right ... and a slight improvement in pass protection ...

... i'm sure the jets will continue to try and run the ball against you guys ... even if it is causing some 3 and outs ... simply to minimize the attempts and pressure on sanchez ...

l_j_r

tube517
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Steelers D only gave up 13 pts to the Jet offense. It will be interesting to see what Marty's son has up his sleeve.

Devilsdancefloor
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Steelers D only gave up 13 pts to the Jet offense. It will be interesting to see what Marty's son has up his sleeve.

marty ball :noidea: :noidea:

i am sure it wil not be a sneak for sanchez this time. i think Deebo will be looking for that