PDA

View Full Version : No place like home

stillers4me
01-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Mike Tomlin threw around terms like "legendary" and "instant classic" in describing the Heinz Field atmosphere for the Steelers AFC divisional playoff against the Baltimore Ravens this past Saturday.

The Steelers are thankful to have home-field advantage for Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the New York Jets, but it's not all about how many fans are wearing black and gold and waving Terrible Towels.

"We appreciate being at home," Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. "If given the choice, we'd rather be at Heinz Field in front of our fans. They're a home-field-advantage-worthy type of crowd, whether we are or not, so we're going to give them what they got coming to them.".................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718749.html

LLT
01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Man...I wish I could be there!!!! Be loud and proud Steeler Nation!!!!!!!

salamander
01-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I was so close to being able to go to this game but I just couldn't pull it off financially right now. It's ok though because I'll be home in front of my TV cheering on the team with some good friends!

Nothing better than seeing 65,000+ Terrible Towels waving at once!

X-Terminator
01-19-2011, 11:11 AM
If anyone is planning on going to the game, make sure you dress in layers. As of right now, it's going to be in the upper teens-low 20s at kickoff, with temps dropping into the mid teens as the night goes on. There will probably be some wind, which will drop wind chills into the single digits. Glad I'll be at home where it's warm! :lol:

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
"oh mamma I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law....."

Randy06
01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Ill be flying in from Texas but am looking forward to every aspect of the game.