PDA

View Full Version : Jets taking different tact, for now

stillers4me
01-19-2011, 05:51 AM
The sound has been muted, the fury placed on hold awaiting its proper and intended use. The next game, New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said, "has a different feel" from the last game.

On their first day of looking ahead to the Steelers, the Jets blitzed them with kindness. It was practically a lovefest. Then again, it's early.

Getting ready for Sunday's AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field, the free-spirited, unfettered Ryan lavished praise on his opponents, notably quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, safety Troy Polamalu and coach Mike Tomlin. Jets linebacker and All-Pro trash-talker Bart Scott was silent. That was Monday. Tuesday was calm, an off day accompanied by a winter storm. No one officially talked to the media.

We will know more today when the full roster gathers for the first real practice of the week, but the "feel" so far has yet to incite anything like the verbal sideshow that preceded the Jets' 28-21 upset victory over New England.

"That game was different," Ryan said. "Every game is different, and I don't have a plan on what to say or whatever. I just talk the way it is. If you can't get motivated to win an AFC Championship Game, I don't know what else you need."...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718746.html