PDA

View Full Version : Kemo's dog pile cleanup

GodfatherofSoul
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
He did this 2x and *very* deliberately. I remember this happening earlier in the season with a personal foul being called. I can't remember who we were playing or even if the call was on him or the opposing team. Think that could have been the motivation for him taking it out on guy standing around the pile?

Merchant
01-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Incredibly dumb move. No clue what he was thinking. He's lucky it didn't end up mattering; hopefully he learns and never does it again.

Steeldude
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
kemo is dumb and does not think about his actions. people talk about upgrading the RG spot. what about the LG?

pepsyman1
01-19-2011, 02:32 AM
yeah...I've never been all that impressed with him....especially when he pulls on a run block and then whiffs on his intended target...lol

Craic
01-19-2011, 02:34 AM
wow.

Was it dumb? sure. But have any of you seen this line as mean and aggressive as they have been this year? They are down right nasty. I have seen more skirmishes and brawls this year than I have probably in the past 9 years combined. Personally, I like that attitude. Yeah, its cost us 1 game (a call on Flozell which marched us backwards, and ended a drive. It became crucial and probably lost us the game). However, it has probably also won us more than one game. When was the last time you have seen this line get the push on a defense they got on Bens QB sneak? They were almost two yards up field on a QB dive. We are also running the ball in the redzone again. I've said it many times. The biggest problem with Arians wasn't arians, but the O line's limitations on Arians. Now, we have a nasty O line that is allowing us to run the ball again. Hence, I do NOT want Kemo, or Flo, or Pouncey to pull back or cool it off. I'll take those penalties. I'll take the loss of a game. Because in the long run, I think that is what has put us where we are at right now... it is what has enabled this offense to start clicking again.

GoSlash27
01-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm just fine with Big Juicy's play, but drawing penalties like that is just plain foolish.

Just George
01-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Play hard, but play SMART

LLT
01-19-2011, 07:22 AM
kemo is dumb and does not think about his actions. people talk about upgrading the RG spot. what about the LG?

I have mentioned before that Kemo needs to be moved to the RG slot. Traditionally the LG slot is for your more athletic guard and the RG slot is for your bulldozer. Kemo is a beast..and would be a perfect fit there.

Along the same lines....does anyone rememember that Kemo was suspended from his college team and forced to take anger management classes due to TWICE kicking players who were on the ground after a play?

Still I would bet that kemo had an ear full of Coach Tomlin since the incident happened.

SteelerSal
01-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Incredibly dumb move. No clue what he was thinking. He's lucky it didn't end up mattering; hopefully he learns and never does it again.

He wont learn from it..the guy has a mean streak and reacts without rational thought...if he gets pissed, he will pay you back no matter what the conciquences. I remember reading stories about Kemo kicking players in the head and his mean streak when we drafted him.

tube517
01-19-2011, 09:01 AM
This was his problem coming out from college. Mean, nasty and short tempered. As LLT noted, he had to take anger mgt. classes in college. Seeing him make mistakes like that are not surprising.

urgle burgle
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
although i also feel kemo's antics were stupid beyond stupid(he got lucky for not getting that same call on him earlier in the game), i have to agree with Preacher a bit. we now have a mean streak on our O line. Pouncey has been noted as having that mean streak, kemo is taking advantage of his, and i think, Flo has amped it up too. this may be what puts us over the line on gaining some yards to get where we need to go: Super Bowl win 7.

st33lersguy
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Since he inexplicably got away with it the 1st time he must have thought "uhhh, I got away with it earlier so uhhh I'll do it again".

stlrtruck
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
This isn't just a Kemo problem, this is an NFL problem, and it's an officiating problem. Think I'm being whiney, watch other games, defensive players jump on the piles after they've stopped moving all the time. Other offensive linemen do it to move the pile even though the whistle has blown.

IMO, if the NFL wants to crack down for player safety this is one penalty that needs to be called consistently. Along with that, the refs have to blow the whistle when forward progress is stopped and not let offensive players get beat on.

GodfatherofSoul
01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, but what was the game it happened in before, and wash it Kemo doing it or was it done to him?

Steeldude
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I'll take those penalties. I'll take the loss of a game

you'll take 15 yard penalties and a loss of a playoff game? you can be aggressive without committing very late hits.

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I like Kemo and his mean streak but I agree that he can't be getting stupid personal foul penalties.