PDA

View Full Version : Ben building Hall of Fame resume

polamalubeast
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
What a year it has been for Ben Roethlisberger, starting with that notorious March night in Georgia, when his stock as a person careened toward the bottom, to his resurrection as a person during another heroic season on the field in 2010.

His achievements have been such that in only his seventh NFL season, at age 28, there is perfectly legitimate talk about Hall of Fame enshrinement five years after his retirement.

Native Pittsburgher Len Pasquarelli, himself a Hall of Fame selector, paints the picture of Ben’s candidacy, and it is indeed a rosy one.

read more

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27077-ben-building-hall-of-fame-resume

HometownGal
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Though I believe Ben is a very legitimate contender for the HOF, if the Steelers win #7 in a couple of weeks, I'd have to say he is a lock. :thumbsup:

Carolina Steelers
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Though I believe Ben is a very legitimate contender for the HOF, if the Steelers win #7 in a couple of weeks, I'd have to say he is a lock. :thumbsup:

I agree, I believe Ben is already a candidate with what he has already done but if he can win is 3rd ring he is a lock and I believe hes still got 5-7 great yrs still ahead of him were he will onw all Steelers passing records. I also believe If they can get this 7th title for the Steelers and 3rd for Ward and he has a decent game will help Ward in his chance for the hall. Ward would have 3 rings and a SB MVP to his resume and this only helps his chances.

steeldevil
01-18-2011, 03:51 PM
If Ben wins these next 2 games he is in the HOF. Probably Ward as well. Hell Troy may put a stamp on it as well.

Merchant
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
He's got plenty of fingers left..

steelerdude15
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
He's definitely HOF material and has been for a while. Many people feel he's overrated, but I feel he's completely underrated and should be mentioned with Manning, Brady, Brees, and etc.

ALLD
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Jealous fans of other teams say he wins only because he has a good defense to back him up. I didn't see the D throw that 58-yd pass to Antonio Brown on 3rd & 19.

polamalubeast
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Jealous fans of other teams say he wins only because he has a good defense to back him up. I didn't see the D throw that 58-yd pass to Antonio Brown on 3rd & 19.

The Steelers score 299 points in 11 playoff games since they Roethlisberger!

fansince'76
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Many people feel he's overrated....

I agree, but I'd personally like to know by whom he's overrated, because it ain't the media. More often than not he's slighted by them. A good chunk of our own fanbase doesn't even give him the credit he's due mostly because he generally doesn't put up huge FF numbers.

Count Steeler
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Ben will be in Canton when all is said and done. No doubt about it.

86WARD
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
YES. And when they win it this season, he's automatic and so is Ward...

polamalubeast
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
YES. And when they win it this season, he's automatic and so is Ward...

Polamalu also

Devilsdancefloor
01-18-2011, 09:48 PM
ya know i always thought that about LC Greenwood & Donnie Shell as well, but they are still waiting......