PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin Press Conference, Steelers-Jets: The Talking Point

tube517
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/01/mike-tomlin-press-conference-steelersjets-talking-points/#more-3787

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin met with the media on Tuesday, and here are some of the key points.

– What the Jets have done so far is nothing short of remarkable, going to Indianapolis and New England and winning. Steelers very familiar with them having already played them — and lost — at Heinz Field. Two-headed running back attack with Tomlinson and Green that is very effective. Sanchez is a growing, developing franchise quarterback with some weapons that he utilizes. Dustin Keller is a difficult matchup, while they’ve also spent some time looking at what Jerrico Cotchery does for them in the slot. Top quality guys on the line. “Nick Mangold is the standard at center play in the NFL.”

Even if Aaron Smith is ready to play, he won’t start. It will be as a complimentary role. “It would be nice to add that tool to the tool box".

New Tomlinism there. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 11:58 AM
“We have one standard and that standard is winning. Last time we played they beat us.”

Tomlin 101

venom
01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice to have a head coach with class

HometownGal
01-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice to have a head coach with class

Unlike the Jets who have a loud mouthed buffoon. I don't dislike the Jets team - I dislike Ryan intensely. He has the class of a brussel sprout.

It doesn't matter at this point who says what about who. As I've said in other threads - if our guys play Pittsburgh Steelers football as they did in the last 30 minutes of the Rats game, there isn't a team out there who can beat 'em.

Merchant
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Tomlin >>>

I like when they asked him about the city of Pittsburgh during playoff time. "I don't go anywhere. Just here and home. So I wouldn't know." This is all he does; dedicate himself to coaching. Seems a little depressing that he hasn't at least gone out for dinner in the city or something to celebrate though.