PDA

View Full Version : Clark and Polamalu playing both safety positions

stillers4me
01-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Steelers safety Ryan Clark made an interesting revelation Monday while talking to reporters after team meetings.

It seems he and Troy Polamalu have been playing both safety positions, which might explain why Clark had two tackles for losses last Saturday against the Ravens in addition to his forced fumble and interceptions.

Here is an excerpt from his Q&A in which Clark explains the genesis of this change and how it has benefitted the Steelers defense.

Q: Did you use Troy a little differently against the Ravens?

A: “Ya’ll go to that every game that he doesn’t get an interception or if he doesn’t get a sack, we must be using him different. The plays he’s made (this season) he’s always in been in the spot he’s supposed to be in by defensive design. But what that plays on the plays he’s not making is that’s not leaving voids, there’s no areas we have to cover up because he’s doing certain things. He’s just playing defense and being in positions that coach (Dick) LeBeau put him in and when he gets his opportunity to make plays he’s going to do that. The thing he did this week is he was always where he was supposed to be and that was big for us.”................

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/01/17/clark-and-polamalu-playing-both-safety-positions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

tube517
01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Ever since free agency came to the NFL, you always hear about the big names in the NFL. You never hear about Ryan Clark and James Farrior. These guys just do what they are told and quietly get the job done - the Steeler way.

Devilsdancefloor
01-18-2011, 09:20 AM
i am so happy he is on the team and not in miami!!

SteelGhost
01-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Me too DDF :thumbsup: