PDA

View Full Version : Jets gear up for unceasing trash talk

stillers4me
01-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Big talk from the Big Apple's flyboys is nothing new.

From Joe "I Guarantee It" Namath to Keyshawn "Throw Me The Damn Ball!" Johnson, Jets players have flapped their gums long before coach Rex Ryan arrived in New York two years ago.

Still, these aren't the Same Old Jets facing the Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday night for the AFC championship.

Talk about impressive: They've won four of five road playoff games the past two postseasons.

Still, the Jets, with all due respect to their more colorful predecessors, tend to make more noise than a jumbo 747 -- and Ryan is the pilot of the aircraft that had already shot down Peyton Manning's Colts and Tom Brady's Patriots on the way to a second straight conference championship game.

"You know, maybe people take it the wrong way or look at us or whatever, but we don't try to bad-mouth an opponent," Ryan said Sunday night after the Jets' rousing 28-21 win over the No. 1 seed Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

"We respect every opponent."

Sure they do...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718623.html

HometownGal
01-18-2011, 07:03 AM
"You know, maybe people take it the wrong way or look at us or whatever, but we don't try to bad-mouth an opponent," Ryan said Sunday night after the Jets' rousing 28-21 win over the No. 1 seed Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

"We respect every opponent."

And pigs fly. :jerkit:

He hasn't badmouthed the Steelers . . . YET.

venom
01-18-2011, 07:42 AM
So far the radio and the newspapers here in nYc have been clean- no bashes on the Steelers .

salamander
01-18-2011, 07:47 AM
And pigs fly. :jerkit:

He hasn't badmouthed the Steelers . . . YET.

He knows better than to badmouth us. It wouldn't end too well for them if he did.

HometownGal
01-18-2011, 07:57 AM
He knows better than to badmouth us. It wouldn't end too well for them if he did.

The thing with T-Rex is that I don't think that big-mouthed buffoon can help himself. The best thing the Jets FO could do is to put duct tape over his mouth until 5 minutes before gametime on Sunday.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Still, the Jets, tend to make more noise than a jumbo 747 -- and Ryan is the pilot of the aircraft

... thanks for not calling rex himself the jumbo 747! ...

... rex has the guys believing by talking up the jets every chance he gets ...

... there was a lot of personal history and stuff regarding jets/patriots ... but i don't expect him or any of the guys to really say anything negative about you all ...

... perhaps some fans may bring up the doug brien missing fg's years ago ... but i would guess you won't hear negative talk from rex or the players ...

l_j_r

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 08:17 AM
best line...

"The Steelers have won six since as an organization, with 12 current starters having played on the Super Bowl XL and XLIII champions."

yeah, 12 guys that have been there, and done that. Experience will show this weekend.