PDA

View Full Version : Clark mirrors Polamalu when situation arises

stillers4me
01-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Two days after doing a pretty fair imitation of his best friend on the Steelers, Ryan Clark said he is under no illusion that he is Troy Polamalu.

But it is no coincidence or fluke that Clark, not Polamalu, intercepted a pass, forced a fumble and made two tackles behind the line of scrimmage in the Steelers' 31-24 win over the Ravens last Saturday.

Since the first half of December, Clark and Polamalu have been playing both safety positions, with the latter sometimes serving as the last line of the Steelers' defense -- and Clark morphing into Polamalu.

Not that Clark put it that way Monday afternoon after the Steelers met at their team headquarters and eased into preparation for Sunday's AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field.

"I'm never going to be that guy," Clark said of Polamalu, "but the (safety) position is interchangeable. You talk about two guys who have played together for a number of years now, have played this defense for a long time. He does things different ways than I do, but as far as the play-call goes we just play wherever we want as long as one safety is doing whatever is drawn up and the other is doing the other thing."...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718622.html