PDA

View Full Version : Pryce on Ben --- it's an "honor and a privilege to play against him, it really is."

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey Mikey they like us!! --- NOT

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6031778

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex likes Mike. Bart likes Ben. Bart's teammates like Ben so much that it sounds like they want to adopt him.

Wait a second; the New York Jets are playing the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday for the AFC championship, and they're -- brace yourself -- lobbing bouquets instead of grenades?

Where is the hate?

It's still early, and things could change, but the Jets apparently spewed their last drops of venom last week toward the New England Patriots. They used last month's 45-3 embarrassment and perceived slights by Tom Brady as fuel, lashing out in the media at the Belichick Boys.

Nose tackle Sione Pouha said Monday that preparing for the Patriots was like "sharpening up our sword for battle." The Jets won that battle, won it as impressively as they've won anything in 40 years, and now it's on to Pittsburgh for the right to advance to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas.

But something was missing on Day 1 of championship hype, and that something was the usual chip on the Jets' shoulder. There was confidence, sure, but there was no tough talk, and that probably will have concerned fans wondering whether the Jets subconsciously believe they won their championship in Foxborough.

Wheelz
01-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm not buying into any of this crap, and I hope Tomlin isn't letting the players. This is simply reverse psychology, trying to get the Steelers to let their guard down.

The Jets will be ready for this game. We'll need to be also.

Edman
01-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Wow. The Jets really are annoying even when they aren't talking smack. Trying to butter up the Steelers, and they'll do this all week if they have to. These are real devious mind games they're playing here. Real devious.

X-Terminator
01-18-2011, 02:33 AM
See, I have a little different take...I think they are still taking subtle, parting shots at Marsha, Belichick and the Pats* with all of this praise they're dumping on the Steelers. And I do think they genuinely respect them. But I doubt Tomlin and Co. are going to let their guard down and will come into the game hell-bent on winning and getting to the Super Bowl.

Craic
01-18-2011, 02:36 AM
See, I have a little different take...I think they are still taking subtle, parting shots at Marsha, Belichick and the Pats* with all of this praise they're dumping on the Steelers. And I do think they genuinely respect them. But I doubt Tomlin and Co. are going to let their guard down and will come into the game hell-bent on winning and getting to the Super Bowl.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.

Galax Steeler
01-18-2011, 02:47 AM
They won't be able to stand it for long they will take a shot somewhere down the line.

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 08:24 AM
they are so full of shiiit over there...they don't respect us at all...they are just trying to play mind games.

do you really think Rex Ryan, who we have beaten the snot out of for years when he was at Baltimore, likes us? No way...this is all crap. Come kickoff, we'll see how much "love" they have for us when we SMASH THEIR SKULLS IN!

tube517
01-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Trevor Pryce is a jackhole former Raven. I forgot he was on the team. This buttwipe said James Harrison was a one hit wonder. And deebo replied, "Who's Trevor Pryce?"

kmsteelerwr15
01-18-2011, 08:54 AM

I agree with you 100%

lamont_jordan_rules
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM
... you guys are making me laugh at your take on rex and the gang's comments ...

... my belief is ...

... there is huge hate between jets & pats over the last 10-15 years ... i'm sure very similar to you guys vs. ravens ...

... also like your rivalry basically being you consistently beating the ravens when it mattered most ... our rivalry was the pats consistently coming out on top ...

... so ...

... last weekend really was an incredible deal to the jets (a letdown on our part is my biggest fear ... as it will be near impossible to be as amped up as we were for that game) ...

... i'm sure rex & the defensive coaches will use some - it's personal for me because of my time with the ravens ... to try and amp up his guys ... and those guys who were with balt ... bart scott & trevor pryce (as well as leonard on the dl) will try and add to the fire ... but in general ... most of the players should have healthy respect ... but not outright hatred/anger towards the steelers ...

l_j_r

st33lersguy
01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Are they just afraid of giving the steelers extra motivation?

lamont_jordan_rules
01-18-2011, 09:20 AM
... you guys are making me laugh at your take on rex and the gangs comments ...

... my belief is ...

... there is huge hate between jets & pats over the last 10-15 years ... i'm sure very similar to you guys vs. ravens ...

... also like your rivalry basically being you consistently beating the ravens when it mattered most ... our rivalry was the pats consistently coming out on top ...

... so ...

... last weekend really was an incredible deal to the jets (a letdown on our part is my biggest fear ... as it will be near impossible to be as amped up as we were for that game) ...

... i'm sure rex & the defensive coaches will use some - it's personal for me because of my time with the ravens ... to try and amp up his guys ... and those guys who were with balt ... bart scott & trevor pryce (as well as leonard on the dl) will try and add to the fire ... but in general ... most of the players should have healthy respect ... but not outright hatred/anger towards the steelers ...

l_j_r

tube517
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Jets/Pats goes beyond the gridiron.

It's NY/Boston hatred. Yankees/Red Sox hatred. That is why when the Giants won over the Pats, there was genuine hatred between the 2 teams. Plex threw out that 17 point comment and Brady laughed. It's personal between the 2 cities. Now, the Jets are putting their stamp on the whole sports rivalry thing. I will always root for the NY team over the BOS teams anytime. Before the whole Spygate thing, I hated all Boston teams. And now, I hate them all even more.

... you guys are making me laugh at your take on rex and the gang's comments ...

... my belief is ...

... so ...

l_j_r

Devilsdancefloor
01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
The Jets have the stench of the ratbirds, so whatever they say i believe they are full of shit and do not respect any steeler

X-Terminator
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
... you guys are making me laugh at your take on rex and the gangs comments ...

... my belief is ...

... so ...

l_j_r

The Steelers and Ravens may not like each other, but there clearly is respect between the teams. The Jets and Patriots...well, that's about as pure hatred as you can possibly have between two teams, and there ain't a whole lot of respect there either on either side. Still though, I would root for the Jets...hell, I'd root for Satan's Army before I'd EVER root for the Pats*. Like Cromartie said...fuck 'em.

NJarhead
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
The Patriots game was their Super Bowl. I look forward to seeing how they feel about us after Sunday.

Psycho Ward 86
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Bad time to get soft Rex...