PDA

View Full Version : Govenment Holidays - Do we really need them off

Doc_Holiday
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Call me what you want; but I cannot stand all these G-D holidays. I love what Martin Luther King Jr. stood for. Do we really need all these holidays?

Veteran's Day and Memorial Day are the same topic and we have two seperate days off. I mean is it that important to throw a BBQ that we have to have a Federal Holiday and get paid to not show up for work?

Columbus Day, Labor Day, and Presidents Day are not worthy of a day off. I mean truly? Don't get me wrong, I love getting a paid day off and hang with family. But how many people truly understand Memorial Day? I've asked, and I don't get the right answer - it's more of a confused run-around.

The people that work for us don't need all those days off. They don't need an extended Easter Break or Christmas Break or Thanksgiving week off. I'd like to see them work for a living like the rest of us.

I'll banter about their pay later; but what are your thoughts on these holidays?

smokin3000gt
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I think there are too many of them. It seems like every time you turn around or work starts to pick up, there is some sort of holiday and the city workers (most importantly for us, building inspectors) are off.

Borski
01-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Eh with how crappy they are at their Congress and Senate, etc are at their job, I'd say give them more days they have off. Gives em less of a chance to screw things up worse.

Doc_Holiday
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Eh with how crappy they are at their Congress and Senate, etc are at their job, I'd say give them more days they have off. Gives em less of a chance to screw things up worse.

I'd rather they do their job and not continue to take time off. Obama will take more vacation by February than most of us will do all year.

Mach1
01-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd rather they do their job and not continue to take time off. Obama will take more vacation by February than most of us will do in a lifetime.

Fixed it

Doc_Holiday
01-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Fixed it

Well unless he gets two terms, he predecessor took more vacation.