PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger's comeback ability second to none

stillers4me
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
A piece of unsolicited advice to coach Rex Ryan and the New York Jets: Do not, repeat do not, give Ben Roethlisberger a second chance to win a game at the end of it if you want to go to your first Super Bowl since Joe Willie Namath owned Broadway.

The Jets visit the Steelers on Sunday in the AFC Championship Game, and the one thing that stands out about their 22-17 victory at Heinz Field on Dec. 19 is what didn't happen.
Roethlisberger led the Steelers down the field in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter but came up agonizingly short.

That is one of the few times during his career that Roethlisberger has not delivered with the game on the line...........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718525.html

polamalubeast
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Ben's also the only active QB that has a winning postseason record when the opposition scores 21+ points

HometownGal
01-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Ben is not only one of the best QB's overall in the NFL, he is THE BEST CLUTCH QB in the league hands down. :thumbsup: There isn't a QB out there who can take the hits he does in every single game and still be standing to make the plays he does. At times I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming! :tt02:

salamander
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
B..b..b..b..b..b..b..but Tom Brady* is the bestest QB there issssssss (as evidenced by the butt-whooping he's endured in the last couple of playoff games he's played in)!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckle:

I'll gladly take Ben over any other QB out there. He's definitely one tough mofo who gets the job done when necessary!

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Ben frickin' delivered the last time we faced the Jets. Matt Spaeth is the one who dropped the damn ball. Hit him right in the palms. Way to use your 6'7'' frame dumbass.

BigD812
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Though his comeback abilitis are second to none in this league, I would love to see them ahead and stay that way for the entire game. We have just as many if ot more waepons than Jets do so there is no need to play catch up!

SteelerSal
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Though his comeback abilitis are second to none in this league, I would love to see them ahead and stay that way for the entire game. We have just as many if ot more waepons than Jets do so there is no need to play catch up!

I agree with ya and I'd like to welcome you to SU!!! Make yourself at home. :)

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
He's a modern day Elway, but he's winning when Elway couldn't.

HometownGal
01-18-2011, 07:33 AM
He's a modern day Elway, but he's winning when Elway couldn't.

That's a great way of putting it Pete. :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 08:22 AM
1st and 20 from the 12 yard line after a holding call with 2:24 left in the game down by 3 on the biggest stage.

8 plays, 78 yards later and its a Touchdown to take a 4 point lead.

Yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

tube517
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but he doesn't have the stats and isn't a pure passer like Manning or Marsha...... :sarcasm:

So sick of the excuses he is not considered an "elite" QB. Ben just silences the critics with his play. The Steeler way.

1st and 20 from the 12 yard line after a holding call with 2:24 left in the game down by 3 on the biggest stage.

8 plays, 78 yards later and its a Touchdown to take a 4 point lead.

Yeah...that's what I'm talking about.