PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan, Jets tone down trash talk in run-up to Steelers

polamalubeast
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
A toned-down Rex Ryan indicated Monday that the New York Jets might tone down their approach to trash talk as they prepare for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday's AFC championship game.

The Jets won 28-21 in New England on Sunday in a game in which Ryan personally set the tone for a week of trash talk when the said the game was a "personal" matchup between him and Patriots coach Bill Belichick. The previous week, Ryan had called the Jets' wild-card date with the Indianapolis Colts a "personal" test with Peyton Manning.

On Monday, Ryan heaped praise upon his next counterpart, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who he said was "one of my favorite coaches." He said he had no script of trash talk he expects to follow.

"That game was different, every game is different," Ryan said. "I don't have a plan on what to say ... I just say it the way it is. If you can't get motivated to win an AFC championship game, I don't know what else you need."

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/rex-ryan-jets-tone-down-trash-talk-in-run-up-to-steelers/1?csp=34?utm_source=twitterfeed

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
He's trying to use "niceness" to somehow "disarm" Ben because he know's we come with it when the other side tries to talk trash and bully us... He's up to no good...

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
he knows what he's getting into...he knows we don't really care for him from his days with the Ravens and he knows....dang well...that Smack talking the Steelers WILL come back to bite you.

Merchant
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
He knows he's got his hands full already. No need to add trash-talk for some motivational bulletin board material.

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Rex isn't going to talk shit because he remembers what has happened to him every time his defense ran their mouth before a game with us. So does Bart Scott. Remember the bounty incident on Hines? Yeah that shit didn't work out to well. He knows talking shit to the Steelers does nothing but piss them off, and that's the last thing you want to do.

O'Malley
01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Rex isn't going to talk shit because he remembers what has happened to him every time his defense ran their mouth before a game with us. So does Bart Scott. Remember the bounty incident on Hines? Yeah that shit didn't work out to well. He knows talking shit to the Steelers does nothing but piss them off, and that's the last thing you want to do.

We're already pissed off. This is a revenge game IMO!