PDA

View Full Version : Jets. We Gave Em' Holmes, We Gave Em' The Last Game... That's It !

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 03:58 PM
They got Santonio Holmes for a "5th" round draft pick of an untested rookie coming out of college. Since, Tone has caught 3 or 4 clutch TD passes that won them games (that won them "several" games). Holmes for a 5th round draft pick. Gift # 1. That was bad.
When we played the Jets in the regular season, they REALLY needed that game just to make it to the playoffs. They won and made it to the playoffs basically off of our backs.
True. We didn't have Troy or Heath, but in a sense, we helped them get into the playoffs. An opponent in our same conference that we are likely (and are) to meet in the playoffs got there via the Steelers. Gift # 2. That was bad.
In addition, in that game on the last drive by the Steelers, Sanders was "clearly" interfered with by a defender when he was focused in on a TD catch (which would have won us the game) that was perfectly thrown and headed straight to him. The penalty was not called. Did we complain ? No. That was bad, but what could we do after the fact ? They've been running on that momentum from that game ever since. That was bad.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of "hooking-up" the Jets... It's time for the Steeler's to collect something from them; a trip to the Super Bowl in Dallas. I think that'll be good.

86WARD
01-17-2011, 07:08 PM
We gave them Santonio Holmes and at the time it was awful...but it forced the Steelers to promote Mike Wallace (who is better all around than Holmes) and select Emmanuel Sanders as well as Antonio Brown. It improved the team for this season and perhaps the near future.

Holmes scares me in this game...scares me BIG time...all it takes is one play and he can do it...

stillers4me
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs760.ash1/165179_1560612099413_1358628226_31304270_5893041_n .jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31181057&id=1358628226)

SMR
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs760.ash1/165179_1560612099413_1358628226_31304270_5893041_n .jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31181057&id=1358628226)

Dang! I really dig that pic!!

Iron Steeler
01-17-2011, 08:05 PM

hahaha

Kittyfish
01-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Hee! Look at all the little people on the plane! Too funny - great job.

Devilsdancefloor
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Smokeys td against the pats was very very good he does scare me.

steelerdude15
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
We have Troy, no worries.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Santonio hasn't lost it at all.

He is my single BIGGEST fear on that jets offense.

Steeldude
01-18-2011, 02:37 AM
holmes has also dropped easy passes all year and alligator-arms others. his big plays don't outnumber his poor ones, IMO

Craic
01-18-2011, 03:00 AM
They got Santonio Holmes for a "5th" round draft pick of an untested rookie coming out of college. Since, Tone has caught 3 or 4 clutch TD passes that won them games (that won them "several" games). Holmes for a 5th round draft pick. Gift # 1. That was bad.
When we played the Jets in the regular season, they REALLY needed that game just to make it to the playoffs. They won and made it to the playoffs basically off of our backs.
True. We didn't have Troy or Heath, but in a sense, we helped them get into the playoffs. An opponent in our same conference that we are likely (and are) to meet in the playoffs got there via the Steelers. Gift # 2. That was bad.
In addition, in that game on the last drive by the Steelers, Sanders was "clearly" interfered with by a defender when he was focused in on a TD catch (which would have won us the game) that was perfectly thrown and headed straight to him. The penalty was not called. Did we complain ? No. That was bad, but what could we do after the fact ? They've been running on that momentum from that game ever since. That was bad.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of "hooking-up" the Jets... It's time for the Steeler's to collect something from them; a trip to the Super Bowl in Dallas. I think that'll be good.

Hmm.

I don't know. I think in three to five years, we are going look at that trade as a steal, for us.

First, within the next couple of years, Smoketonio is going to end up with a 1 year ban from the NFL. Maybe longer by that point. Meanwhile, 3 years from now, there is a good chance Sylvester, the guy we got for that trade, will be the next in line of beasts at the LB spot.

Wallace, Sanders, and Brown have made Smoketonio extraneous on this team. Wallace has already come up with big, game winning TD's. Brown got his feet wet last Sunday. Ward is STILL on the field, and I would lay money on Heath.

So, a 4 game suspension and possible 1 year suspension to the Jets, to get back a very good special teams player and possible future starter, plus open up a hole for 2 rookies and a 2nd year player to all step up a notch and prove themselves beyond our hopes? Yeah, I'd take that. Especially because that was looking like the best offer we were going to get.

Galax Steeler
01-18-2011, 03:13 AM
The only other thing we are going to give them is a good ole fashion ass whipping.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-18-2011, 08:32 AM
They got Santonio Holmes for a "5th" round draft pick . Gift # 1.

They won and made it to the playoffs basically off of our backs.
Gift # 2.

I'm tired of "hooking-up" the Jets....

... you know they say good things come in three's Empire ;) ...

... holmes has been great for us this season ... it is amazing how clutch he is when it matters most ... and his body control is amazing ... the td this weekend with his right knee and left toes was incredible ...

... he's missed a couple "easy" ones this season ... one that would have either won or tied us a game ... but he made a great catch before that to even have us in position to win ... nothing drastic though regarding misses ... he's certainly come through most of the time ... and has been the guy to make the catch to win us several games ... believe about 3 times ...

... i certainly will be very happy having him at wr if we're down 4, driving towards the goal with time running out ...

l_j_r

The Duke
01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Hmm.

I don't know. I think in three to five years, we are going look at that trade as a steal, for us.

First, within the next couple of years, Smoketonio is going to end up with a 1 year ban from the NFL. Maybe longer by that point. Meanwhile, 3 years from now, there is a good chance Sylvester, the guy we got for that trade, will be the next in line of beasts at the LB spot.

Wallace, Sanders, and Brown have made Smoketonio extraneous on this team. Wallace has already come up with big, game winning TD's. Brown got his feet wet last Sunday. Ward is STILL on the field, and I would lay money on Heath.

So, a 4 game suspension and possible 1 year suspension to the Jets, to get back a very good special teams player and possible future starter, plus open up a hole for 2 rookies and a 2nd year player to all step up a notch and prove themselves beyond our hopes? Yeah, I'd take that. Especially because that was looking like the best offer we were going to get.

Plus, Holmes seems like the kind of guy who WILL want a big contract, and he would never get that with us

long term planning is always better than short term

SteelerEmpire
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Smokeys td against the pats was very very good he does scare me.

Don't worry, Ike T. got Holmes. Troy's got Ike T's back "this game". Heath got Ben's back, "this game". And we don't have Jeff Reed to miss 6 points worth of field goals "this game"... Plus. They have Sanchez, we have Big Ben... the "jet plane" crashes in Pittsburgh...