PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie Says He Loves Ben Roethlisberger, Doesn't Take Back Brady Insults

polamalubeast
01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
FOXBORO, Mass. -- Maybe Antonio Cromartie is learning that life is easier when you keep quiet.

The cornerback, who caused a media firestorm last week when he called Tom Brady an unprintable body part, didn't take back any of his comments after the Jets beat the Patriots on Sunday evening. He was, however, a bit hesitant to say anything negative about Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback he'll be facing next week.

"He's a great guy," Cromartie said of Roethlisberger. "He's a tough guy ... I love him, man. Ben's a competitor, man."

Though he proved capable of making a sound decision in his Roethlisberger comments, he wasn't eager to make nice with Brady.

"My feelings haven't changed," he said, "but you know, that's behind me now, and we're getting ready for Pittsburgh."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/antonio-cromartie-says-he-loves-ben-roethlisberger-doesnt-take-back-tom-brady-insults.html

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 08:34 AM
nothing to talk about this week. Its the AFC Title game...all the talking nonsense is over. This is for the Super Bowl.

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Ben has more respect from defensive players in the league than pussy brady.....Suggs, Rayray, now Cromartie?

Back in the first SB season, they miked Ben during the warmups of a game and he said to the camera that he doesn't engage in trash talk and just says hi to the opposing team's defensive players. :wave:

hotrodder07
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
That article suggests that the only reason he's not saying anything about Roethlisberger is because he doesn't want the media to blow up on him again. It doesn't seem that way to me. Why is it so hard for him to imagine that he actually does respect Roethlisberger?

fansince'76
01-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Ben has more respect from defensive players in the league than pussy brady.....Suggs, Rayray, now Cromartie?

Maybe because Ben doesn't curl up into a fetal position or throw the ball into the turf at a RB's feet when one of them gets within 5 yards of him, perhaps?

Craic
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe because Ben doesn't curl up into a fetal position or throw the ball into the turf at a RB's feet when one of them gets within 5 yards of him, perhaps?

Bingo.
When you respect the game, others respect you.

Edman
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Ben may have his off-field transgressions, but on the field he plays the game. He's not a trash-talking puss like Brady or Rivers. Ben doesn't run his mouth or taunt opponents, he's a good sport. Plus he's tough and gets no favoritism from the league like the Metrosexual or Manning. He takes it and keeps on playing.

vasteeler
01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Ben may have his ALLEGED off-field transgressions, but on the field he plays the game. He's not a trash-talking puss like Brady or Rivers. Ben doesn't run his mouth or taunt opponents, he's a good sport. Plus he's tough and gets no favoritism from the league like the Metrosexual or Manning. He takes it and keeps on playing.

fixed it for you, i love the way ben handles himself.