PDA

View Full Version : Should we be worried about the jets D?

steelpride12
01-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Hell no. Dick Lebeau>Mike Pettine,
We have the far superior defense coming into this game and after shutting down their run early it will be up to Sanchez to win it with his arm. Not going to happen.

Sure they will blitz our asses all night long, but so did the Ratbirds and when you leave Brown and Sanders uncovered forgetting about them Ben will make you pay. Road to 7 here we come, right through Pittsburgh!

HometownGal
01-17-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm not discounting the Jets D at all - they're a very good unit, but our O was firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half of the game against the Rats and if they can bring it like that the entire game, the Jets D is gonna get smoked just like the Rats D did. :tt03:

SteelerSal
01-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Jets corners are are the best in the league so it looks like Ben will just have to work the heck out of the linebackers.....Heath should have a great game!

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Jets should be worried about the Steelers D

venom
01-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Always fear the hot team

The Duke
01-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Heath missing last game was HUGE for us

He will have (has to have) a big game on sunday

VTsteel
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't fear them - no. Healthy respect and acknowledgement of their strengths - yes. What we can not do is allow them to dictate the tempo . . . we must impose our will on them and make them play our game.

NJarhead
01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
I hope Tomlin gives the refs a heads up to watch the defensive holding on our WR's this time. If they're called on it, we should be able to pick them apart.

fansince'76
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Heath missing last game was HUGE for us

Exactly. It won't be Spaeth out there butterfingering passes.

Godfather
01-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Jets aren't an easy out.

But getting in Ben's face is a lot less effective than getting in Brady's face. Ben will roll guys off his back. Brady will hit the deck like the wuss he is.

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Jets corners are are the best in the league so it looks like Ben will just have to work the heck out of the linebackers.....Heath should have a great game!

I do too, we tried to use the TE on them last time, but Spaeth is no Miller.

Edman
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
The Jets got here, didn't they? They beat us before didn't they? Of course they're formidable. Of course we should be worried about them.

One thing the Steelers can't do and what New England shouldn't have done yesterday, is let them hang around. The Jets are VERY opportunistic and gutsy. NE was driving up and down the field early on, but only got a Field Goal out of the deal. That's a HUGE victory for the Jets. The Jets THRIVE off of that little stuff.

Missing Heath last game hurt us more than we thought. Matt Spaeth is not very good.

86WARD
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes. They really scare me. So does Tone...

GoSlash27
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Yep. We worry about everything and we continue worrying until we are confident that we know how to defeat what they're bringin'.

O'Malley
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Jets aren't an easy out.

But getting in Ben's face is a lot less effective than getting in Brady's face. Ben will roll guys off his back. Brady will hit the deck like the wuss he is.

He did go down pretty easy last night.

Devilsdancefloor
01-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I do worry about their D they seems to keep them in all their games, but pick on cromartie and run at him he has deion diease! we need to score TD's no FG's

Iron Steeler
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
You know for some reason I dont feel as threaten as i did with the ravens...

Cromartie who is suppose to be able to go stride for stride with Wallace was stumbling to catch up with him. This time around there are miss THEIR STUD SAFTEY Jim Leonhard. Ya Leonhard is no Troy but he still is a huge factor in there defense. I do believe he was one of Rex's guys from baltimore.

I really hope that Rex Ryan n company miss Sanders and Brown on their tape...now its getting kinda hard to hide these two...

Although like many of us on this thread i do agree that Miller being back will give us a huge advantage.

They beat us with a Kick return, safety, gadget qb bootleg. And Ben still almost brought it back for us.

But that was the regular season... and this is the playoff.

AND I HOPE!! that the retarded fumble TD against the Ravens woke up our team.

TOMLIN you gotta sharpen the blades and make sure that every guy in the locker room understands the severity of playoffs. Lose the half as effort and stupid mistakes and penalties and we should be fine.

JayC
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
i'm nervous but confident because we have ben, james, and troy. but let's just not start the game like we did vs the ravens again. sanchez is going to have to make plays, it's our job to make sure that doesn't happen. defense only allowed flacco 125 or so yards, they gotta do that again.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2011, 11:30 PM
The Jets have been good in all aspects, but somehow they haven't generated much pressure or sacks all season. The game against the Patriots says otherwise, and it was impressive to see them confuse Brady and one of the finest O-lines in the league. Our O-line's got a tall order to live up to.

NCSteeler
01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
NE missed Moss no matter what they say. The Jets came prepared to play dink and dunk ball and whooped um. IDK if Heath is gonna be a huge help, because if they get to Ben early, they will pull heath in to block much more. I do think that if you run wallace and sanders on 15yard flys, no reason hines shouldn't be open underneath all day long. They have two great corners, but not enough of them. Interesting side note. Revis goes out for a play and brady doesn't target the new guy, WTH. Ike goes out for a play and unibrow doesn't target Gay. I thought that was basic stuff.

Psycho Ward 86
01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
The Jets D allowed 16 points and 21 points to the Colts and Patriots respectively (14 to the Patriots really, because that last TD was in garbage time). Ok sure, so Peyton has a penchant for choking in the playoffs, he is 9-10 after all in the playoffs. But the Colts were the #1 passing attack in the league, and the Patriots are the top scoring offense in the league. I am awestruck at what few points the Jets-D is giving up.