PDA

View Full Version : Adams sick of losing

stillers4me
01-17-2011, 05:25 AM
It isn't often we get to walk in the Steelers' shoes, especially the size 22s of the man so enormous that they call him "Flozell The Hotel." But Saturday night was one of those times. Saturday night, we all could relate to big offensive tackle Flozell Adams. Saturday night, we also learned a little more about why this Steelers team is so special and will go to Super Bowl XLV Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, if it can beat the New York Jets Sunday night in the AFC championship game at Heinz Field.
Column warning:

Read on with caution if you are having your bagel and coffee.

"He was puking his guts out," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said of Adams. "He puked out everything."...................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11017/1118601-87.stm

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Flozell Adams... playing like a REAL soldier !!! Ready 4 combat !!!

Kaeg
01-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Awesome read. Thank you. I'm glad he tried to get on the field. It shows the warrior within. I'm also glad he recognizes that he probably was better for the team on the bench at that time too. Wisdom and heart. Thank you Flozell.

HometownGal
01-17-2011, 07:06 AM
We got through the rest of the game without him but I don't want to go into the Jets game on Sunday without The Hotel. He's been the only other bright spot on that OL other than Pouncey for most of the season.

GO FLO!

Butch
01-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I was sooo wrong about Flo and I will admit it.

Earlier this year I would have been happy to see him go back to Dallas...gotta say I will still be happy to see him go back to Dallas THIS YEAR!!!

PalmerSteel
01-17-2011, 07:18 AM
we need him bad sunday. any news on his status for this sunday?

steelpride12
01-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Flo has been a HUGE part of this OL for the Steelers this season. I had my doubts early, but once again turned out to be a key pick up!

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
It isn't often we get to walk in the Steelers' shoes, especially the size 22s of the man so enormous that they call him "Flozell The Hotel." But Saturday night was one of those times. Saturday night, we all could relate to big offensive tackle Flozell Adams. Saturday night, we also learned a little more about why this Steelers team is so special and will go to Super Bowl XLV Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, if it can beat the New York Jets Sunday night in the AFC championship game at Heinz Field.

Column warning:

Read on with caution if you are having your bagel and coffee.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11017/1118601-87.stm#ixzz1BIls4ZLh

When we first picked up Flozell the Hotel, I wasn't too happy. I thought we could get someone better. I really didn't want a former Cryboy on this team. But damn if this guy doesn't want to win it all. And how sweet would it be to do it in Dallas. I am personally rooting for the big guy.

ALLD
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
In memory of "Mad Dog" Dwight White.

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Sorry, I see this was already posted. I tried to delete this but I don't see a delete button anywhere.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes, a serviceable RT can be found quite well, even on the NFL scrap heap. The real issue is finding a good LT and that is what the Steelers have been missing for around 5 years now.

Happy to have Adams on the team and hope he is healthy for next week.

SteelGhost
01-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Nice article, thanks for sharing.

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I was real skeptical about the signing of him earlier this year, but he won me over at about week 4 or 5. He's been real solid at his spot all year long, and I really hope we can get him that ring he so desperately wants.

Chidi29
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm just trying to picture him turning green.

Coaches must have thought he became the Hulk.

SteelerSal
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I was sooo wrong about Flo and I will admit it.

Earlier this year I would have been happy to see him go back to Dallas...gotta say I will still be happy to see him go back to Dallas THIS YEAR!!!

Glad to see you admit it...;)

tube517
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
:rofl2:

Tomlin trying to stop him from going in was like an ant trying to stop an elephant. Hotel is HUGE.

I'm just trying to picture him turning green.

Coaches must have thought he became the Hulk.

Edman
01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Well, can you blame him? He's been losing with "America's Team" for so long. The dude is giving his all one last time to do it. This time with somebody else.

You're one game from the Super Bowl, Flozell. We can do it.

Merchant
01-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I've personally been rooting for this guy all season long. Just TWO more games baby!!

ALLD
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Win one more for Ward and one for Flozell in Dallas. Talk about a sweet victory. First we need to get past the Jets.

KeiselPower99
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Adams is a helluva Tackle and may have 1 year left after this season but how awesome would it be to help us win number 7 in Dallas?

stillers4me
01-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I just hope he didn't spread the flu around the rest of the team :horror:

NJarhead
01-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I take back everything I said about this signing earlier in the year. I was dead wrong Flozell, you've been a fantastic addition to the Steelers!

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Me too, especially the oline.

Craic
01-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Me too, especially the oline.

Well, generally, a person who will get sick with the flu will show symptoms about 48 hours afterwards-thought it could be 1-4 days. So for our team, this evening is the big evening. If no one reports sick tomorrow, we will probably be fine. If noone reports sick up to and including Wednesday, we are out of the woods. However, if it is only the 24 hour bug, then even with 2-3 days of recovery, it will be right at game time when they should be back to their full and complete selves.

So no worries at all about the flu and performance.

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, generally, a person who will get sick with the flu will show symptoms about 48 hours afterwards-thought it could be 1-4 days. So for our team, this evening is the big evening. If no one reports sick tomorrow, we will probably be fine. If noone reports sick up to and including Wednesday, we are out of the woods. However, if it is only the 24 hour bug, then even with 2-3 days of recovery, it will be right at game time when they should be back to their full and complete selves.

So no worries at all about the flu and performance.

True and these guys are in great shape, which allows for much quicker recovery time.

Craic
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
True and these guys are in great shape, which allows for much quicker recovery time.

Not to mention people fawning all over them, pumping em full of liquids and IV's, stuffing vitamin pills and anti-puke shots into the (helps with the liquid retention). Yeah, I am not too worried. Really, the only thing that worries me a little bit, is if a number of them get sick and they can't prep quite as much.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
As the players huddled up for the first play of the fourth quarter, Adams, who was aware that Scott was down, walked straight from the locker room to the sideline and right onto the field.
Actually, staggered is a better description.
"Dead Man Walking," teammate Brett Keisel called Adams.
Tomlin ran 20 yards onto the field to stop Adams. He and trainer John Norwig pulled him back to the sideline.

Damn. Now that's desire.

pepsyman1
01-18-2011, 12:36 AM
See? Even history of being a Cryboy can be remedied by a healthy dose of the Rooney family and Steeler Nation! If we win the Superbowl, Flo will probably block out every memory he has of being stuck in Dallas...lol

Craic
01-18-2011, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=pepsyman1;128391]See? Even history of being a Cryboy can be remedied by a healthy dose of the Rooney family and Steeler Nation! If we win the Superbowl, Flo will probably block out every memory he has of being stuck in Dallas...lol

I have to wonder, if we win a SB, does Flo retire?

Galax Steeler
01-18-2011, 03:38 AM
It would be great to see him get a superbowl win in Dallas this year.

The Duke
01-18-2011, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=stillers4me;128226]

I hope not! I'd love to have him back as insurance if Colon doesn't recover

though I think (Hope!) we get 1-2 tackles early in the draft, it would still never hurt to have him

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=stillers4me;128226]

I gotta think that he rides out his contract, no matter what. I still think Colon will be a cap casualty if there is a salary cap. Would like to see Starks, Adams, Chris Scott, Jason Pinkston on the Roster next year. Maybe able to keep Colon too and eventually plan for Adams retirement.