PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers To Use Mike Wallace As Decoy Against New York Jets?

stillers4me
01-17-2011, 04:55 AM
Mike Wallace the first thing you think of is “Man, can that kid fly!” and not, “Man, I really hope we can not go up top to him time after time.” But, if the Pittsburgh Steelers want to take All Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis as far out of the field of play as legally possible, then that may just be what they need to do in the AFC Championship game this coming Sunday.

Wallace is a stud, Revis is a stud, and they’re going to be battling for years to come, more than likely. This could be the beginning of a beautiful inter-divisional rivalry.The speedy receiver from Ole Miss is accustomed to running the go route, something that Revis is accustomed to defending from his time covering future Pro Football Hall Of Famer Randy Moss when he was with the New England Patriots.

So, just a layman’s advice, but let’s not get ‘go happy’ on Sunday, it probably wouldn’t be in the best interest of winning the game and advancing to the Super Bowl..............

Read more @ http://steelhurtin.com/2011/01/17/pittsburgh-steelers-to-use-mike-wallace-as-decoy-against-new-york-jets/

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 06:28 AM
That strategy sure worked against the Ravens...

Bluecoat96
01-17-2011, 06:40 AM
That's all fine and dandy, but Cromartie covered him the last time they played us.

steelpride12
01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Yupp Cromartie will be covering Wallace all night thinking if they take away him and shut our run down were finished, but oh man I sure as hell hope they leave Sanders and Brown wide open all night, just ask the Rats what that can do.

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:19 AM
That's all fine and dandy, but Cromartie covered him the last time they played us.

Cromartie HELD him the last time they played us.

Bluecoat96
01-17-2011, 08:20 AM

Very good point! :)

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Yep, held him the whole freaking game with no penalties called.

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
sigh...using a decoy never really works out the way you want it too, what we need is for him to make about 4 catches for 90 yards and a td. That'll be production that we need. Then, Ward, Miller, Brown, Sanders and the backs will make up the rest of the passing offense.

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Yep, held him the whole freaking game with no penalties called.

Yes and I think Wallace is going to have to get some acting classes to over dramatize the holding since the refs couldn't see the obvious then, he'll have to make it over the top.

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
sigh...using a decoy never really works out the way you want it too, what we need is for him to make about 4 catches for 90 yards and a td. That'll be production that we need. Then, Ward, Miller, Brown, Sanders and the backs will make up the rest of the passing offense.

the last few weeks, I've noticed the Wallace is getting more comfortable running those old holmes routes (10-15 yard) and then running after the catch. Instead of using him as a decoy, change how we use him...let the jets figure it out and then wonder how Brown or Sanders got behind them.

Galax Steeler
01-18-2011, 03:18 AM

Them not calling those holding penalties really pissed me off they done it the whole game.

SteelerEmpire
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Its a lose-lose situation when covering Wallace. When a D uses 2-3 men to zone in on Wallace, that's 2-3 men "away" from the rest of the offense. BIG advantage.
If they go man-to-man on Wallace, well, we know whats gonna happen with that !

Randy06
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
We just need a solid gameplan for all three phases of our team. Im confident in our staff and players.

pepsyman1
01-18-2011, 10:48 AM
We just need a solid gameplan for all three phases of our team. Im confident in our staff and players.

Agreed....actually, I would like to see them use Hines as the slot receiver, he's got the experience (like Wes Walker) to know where all the gaps in the zones are. Let the fast kids play on the outside, when they start trying to tighten the zone over the middle one of those guys will be open.

Psycho Ward 86
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM

he did?