PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Suisham

Galax Steeler
01-17-2011, 03:15 AM
How about that opening kick off tackle by Suisham I don't think Reed would have put that much effort into it. Lets give some props to the man.

Galax Steeler
01-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Check out the video.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Ravens-vs-Steelers-highlights/ff3887d6-ce0c-4420-b462-424615925682

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 06:31 AM
He missed a FG for us (-3), but saved a touchdown (+7). 7-3 = a net of +4 ... But, special teams coach needs to "double-up" on their practices...

venom
01-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Yea , dont give up an opening runback for a TD like the last time we played the Jets

steelpride12
01-17-2011, 07:28 AM
The kid has been huge for the Steelers. Who would have thought when we first signed him he would convert all those FG's and look good on ST's as well.

Iron Steeler
01-17-2011, 07:37 AM
our special teams still worries me.... and the Jets special teams (more the kick return unit) are one of the best in the league. Hope the steelers work something out to prevent this....

Note to Tomlin: Tell your boys to play to the whistle! If there is a ball on the ground, no matter what, jump on it!!

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:20 AM
All the Redskins fans and Cryboys fans are in shock.

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
our special teams still worries me.... and the Jets special teams (more the kick return unit) are one of the best in the league. Hope the steelers work something out to prevent this....

Note to Tomlin: Tell your boys to play to the whistle! If there is a ball on the ground, no matter what, jump on it!!

It would be nice if Brad Smith is still out with his injury. He's dangerous. Cromartie's pretty good at returns too. Our STs had better step it up!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah, but its not the job of the kicker to make tackles if the other 10 guys on the field cant do the job.

Oh wait, they give the kicker a helmet too and allow him to play football.....my mistake.

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
agree, Special Teams must play at the highest level possible. Tackle on the damn coverage teams please!

hotrodder07
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm loving Shaun Suisham this year. First, he's been making almost all of his kicks. Second, he actually made a tackle on special teams (barely!). And last, he's a great person in general. I assume you guys have heard him interviewed, but he just seems like a really nice guy. I don't think he'll be getting in any trouble with the law, like some other kickers. Oh, and get this, he doesn't make excuses when he misses a kick. If anyone heard his post game interview on The CW (I think), they asked him about his missed kick, and if the wind played a factor. He took complete blame, and said kicking with the elements is part of the game. He didn't blame the field, the wind, the snap, or the fans.

I don't mean to sound like I hated Reed, because I didn't. I loved him while he was here, and I actually thought we made a mistake by getting rid of him. I wish him all the success in the world in San Fransisco, but right now, I'm very impressed with Suisham, and I think it was a great move by the front office to pick him up.

SteelGhost
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Kudos to Shaun :thumbsup:

KeiselPower99
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I really hope he is resigned and spends the next 10 years here. Been a very good signing. And since we are talking ST what about our Punter. Kapinos might replace Sepulveda next year.

tube517
01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Sushishamwow

salamander
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I really hope he is resigned and spends the next 10 years here. Been a very good signing. And since we are talking ST what about our Punter. Kapinos might replace Sepulveda next year.

Unfortunately, with Sepulveda's injuries in the last couple of years, I believe you're right.