PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fans and the New York media.

Edman
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
They're known to very obnoxious and ruthless.

Yeah, the Steelers are at home, but the scenario is opening up to be perfect media storm for them. The New York hype machine is going to go full throttle. New York papers making fun of Pittsburgh and that sort of thing. Don't discount Rex opening his big mouth this week either.

I can picture it now: The Big City Jets going to ol' hicksville Pittsburgh, Gang Green is going to swamp the Steelers, and that sort of thing. Knowing BSPN, they would LOVE a Chicago/New York Super Bowl. Two big cities and two big markets. Expect them to be on the Jets wagon all week.

It's almost like the Steelers are going to be the media underdog all over again. Steelers don't stand a chance against New York's Gang Green. Big Apple versus little Ol' Pittsburgh.

fansince'76
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Game's in Pittsburgh. The New York media can say anything it wants, for all I care. And we've been under the radar for the entire postseason so far, and I'd prefer it to stay that way. And since the Jets just took out "Goliath," and from what I've read and heard our win over the Ravens has been portrayed as the Ravens losing the game more than us actually winning it, we probably will. Suits me fine.

Dino 6 Rings
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I anticipate it being more about beating the last AFC Team to win the Super Bowl, winning a tough game against the Best Defense on the road, doing what the Ravens couldn't do, trying to stop the machine that is the Steelers Deep Ball and more about actual game play than smack talk.

Lots of Holmes talk, "revenge" "going home" kind of stuff, but nothing "nasty" This is the AFC Title Game, winner goes to the Super Bowl...time to man up and just play the game.

zmann
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't care how big the city is, in the nfl Pittsburgh is king of the hill with more titles then any other city.

Evo-lution

Edman
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah. Santonio's Revenge. They're REALLY going to play that up.

Santonio vs the Steelers Round 2: Santo says "It's Personal."

JayC
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
the more they talk about the jets, the better

The Duke
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Another reason why I'm hoping for a steelers/packers superbowl

eff the big cities!

Dino 6 Rings
6 > 1

Same Math, Different Team.

Akagi
Let 'em be the favorite, that's cool. They beat us, they beat the big bad Patriots, they're the cocks of the walk. We don't have a chance.... hehe.

fansince'76
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Another reason why I'm hoping for a steelers/packers superbowl

eff the big cities!

The ironic thing is that a Steelers/Packers SB would probably draw more of a viewing audience than NY/Chicago. We have HUGE contingents of fans of both teams here in Denver, for example. The Jets and Bears? Not so much.

Galax Steeler
01-17-2011, 03:46 AM
The ironic thing is that a Steelers/Packers SB would probably draw more of a viewing audience than NY/Chicago. We have HUGE contingents of fans of both teams here in Denver, for example. The Jets and Bears? Not so much.

Exactly

venom
01-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Tell me about it . Im right in the heart of Jets land . Ugh

Texasteel
01-17-2011, 07:25 AM

As I have said before, the Steelers have a large fan base in Texas as well, particularly Dallas believe it or not. Don't know for sure, but I bet nation wide a Steelers/Packers SB would have nearly twice the fan base as a Jet/Bears SB. Doesn't matter, after the weekend the Green Machine is going to look more like guacamole.

Already have my room for the SB.

steelpride12
01-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Please talk all you want NY and the more of an underdog we turn into this week from the media and ESPN the happier Ill be. Our Steelers love the challenge and when were under the radar we flat out win.

Remember when Baltimore was talking shit all last week on Pittsburgh, well we shut up, took it, and now who's talking.

Iron Steeler
01-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Haha my father is a Jets fan, right away he called and had his own rendition of the steelers polka, something along the lines " Jets are coming and are going fly.... and gonna kill those steelers!"

Im just smiling at the other end of the line, well see pop

XxKnightxX
01-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Tell me about it . Im right in the heart of Jets land . Ugh

I was rooting for the Jets and my fellow Jet fans for a good game and to beat the Patriots*, and once they won all the obnoxious assholes started texting me sayin theyre going to whoop our asses and go to the super bowl blah blah blah. Even worse i had my most obnoxious jets fan texting me by half time saying why did I even bother making that trip. I cant wait to shove all that BS back in their throats next week.

NJarhead
01-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Being in the New York market, I can't help but sense the Steelers are being portrayed as the next victim or the sacrificial lamb. I look so forward to disappointing them. I do fear the Packers though.

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
We should have known when the last allegation came out that the Steelers would be in a negative light regardless of which media outlet they were covered. But in NY it's going to be 10x worse. Let them talk, let them chatter, the Steelers have been quiet and for any team that's a bad sign!

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 08:42 AM
there is no "underdog" in regards to the Steelers.

We are the BULLY
We are the BAD GUYS
We are the 2 time Champs
WE Have the SCARIEST Defense in the League
WE Are THE RENEGADES!
WE WEAR BLACK!
WE Hit the DEEP BALL
WE STUFF THE RUN
WE Run the Ball
WE Dominate and are +400 or something in Turnovers

The Jets are the glizty Joe Namath style team with the young QB From California, with the big mouth coach, and all the smack talk. They got their hired guns in Cromartie and LT and a few other guys that all came from the Ravens. They have built the team to win now, not for years to come. We are the Big Bad Steelers standing in the way of their dreams and in the way of their Jerry Jones attempt to buy a Super Bowl.

I WELCOME THE SITUATION!

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 08:45 AM
We should have known when the last allegation came out that the Steelers would be in a negative light regardless of which media outlet they were covered. But in NY it's going to be 10x worse. Let them talk, let them chatter, the Steelers have been quiet and for any team that's a bad sign!

We are the mean mother effer down the street no one walks down. Sure, you have those streets that you "know you shouldn't walk down" but you do anyway...and there you might find a Ravens, or a Jets...and you try to do your best...and then there is the "rich" street that you don't go down cause you're out of place...Indy...or New England...

But nobody...nobody walks down the Steelers Street on purpose...cause if you do, you are not coming back...and everyone knows it. This team is that Mean, that Vicious, that down right Nasty. And it doesn't matter what you bring, or who you bring with you...when you come down that street, you are getting your fcking head knocked off!!!

(disclaimer...Dino is Fired up!!!)

tube517
01-17-2011, 08:47 AM
:applaudit:

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03:

We are the mean mother effer down the street no one walks down. Sure, you have those streets that you "know you shouldn't walk down" but you do anyway...and there you might find a Ravens, or a Jets...and you try to do your best...and then there is the "rich" street that you don't go down cause you're out of place...Indy...or New England...

But nobody...nobody walks down the Steelers Street on purpose...cause if you do, you are not coming back...and everyone knows it. This team is that Mean, that Vicious, that down right Nasty. And it doesn't matter what you bring, or who you bring with you...when you come down that street, you are getting your fcking head knocked off!!!

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 09:51 AM
there is no "underdog" in regards to the Steelers.

We are the BULLY
We are the BAD GUYS
We are the 2 time Champs
WE Have the SCARIEST Defense in the League
WE Are THE RENEGADES!
WE WEAR BLACK!
WE Hit the DEEP BALL
WE STUFF THE RUN
WE Run the Ball
WE Dominate and are +400 or something in Turnovers

The Jets are the glizty Joe Namath style team with the young QB From California, with the big mouth coach, and all the smack talk. They got their hired guns in Cromartie and LT and a few other guys that all came from the Ravens. They have built the team to win now, not for years to come. We are the Big Bad Steelers standing in the way of their dreams and in the way of their Jerry Jones attempt to buy a Super Bowl.

I WELCOME THE SITUATION!

HELL YEAH! I'M FIRED UP! I almost took out my 7 year old, lol.

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the props...Its fun being the Bad Guy!

"oh Sanchez is doing just like Ben, AFC Title game his Rookie year, now, going to the AFC Title game again in his 2nd year" "they beat the Patriots, they are unstoppable, it seems destined" NY Media just going crazy, world starting to buy Jets Jerseys...Blah Blah Blah

BLACK AND GOLD IN YOUR FACE!!! BLAM! SUCK IT!

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 03:36 PM
here comes the NY Media Trash

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/01/17/2011-01-17_as_the_jets_get_ready_to_take_on_the_steelers_t he_daily_news_compares_new_york_a.html?r=sports%2F football%2Fjets&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2 Fjets+%28Sports%2FFootball%2FJets%29

As the Jets prepare to take on the Steelers, here's how their hometowns compare:

New York City vs. Pittsburgh

Nickname:
NYC - The Big Apple
Pittsburgh - Steel City

Sienna Miller's nicknames for the cities:
NYC - The Big Apple
Pittsburgh - S---tsburgh

Population:
NYC - 8.4 million
Pittsburgh - 312,000 (smaller than Staten Island)

Pittsburgh - Appalachia

Birthplace of:
NYC - Hip-hop
Pittsburgh - Jodi Applegate

Theme Song:
NYC - "New York, New York," recorded by Frank Sinatra.
Pittsburgh - "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania," recorded by Guy Mitchell.

Famous local tough guy:
NYC - John Gotti
Pittsburgh - Mister Rogers

tube517
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1384.snc4/163610_192428817435971_100000065621740_773137_5950 112_n.jpg

NJarhead
01-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Been at work for two hours.....I am in Jets hell!!!

I swear, if we lose this game, I'm running over the first thing wearing green and white that I see!

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 04:03 PM
NY Fans are some of the worst in the world

where are the Jets trolls?

ShoeHorn
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1384.snc4/163610_192428817435971_100000065621740_773137_5950 112_n.jpg
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

lamont_jordan_rules
01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
... J-E-T-S fan checking in ...

... FYI - many in the NY media give the J-E-T-S as hard of a time as they do our opponent for the day ...

... guess i'll chalk it up to them wanting to be CNN for the war and have a global perspective rather than fox news and actually be rooting for the USA :noidea: ...

... you'll definitely find some jets fans to be obnoxious ... i think you'll find most of us to be pretty reasonable ... and excited for this big game coming up on sunday! ...

... can't wait ...

l_j_r

Dino 6 Rings
01-17-2011, 04:43 PM
... J-E-T-S fan checking in ...

... FYI - many in the NY media give the J-E-T-S as hard of a time as they do our opponent for the day ...

... guess i'll chalk it up to them wanting to be CNN for the war and have a global perspective rather than fox news and actually be rooting for the USA :noidea: ...

... you'll definitely find some jets fans to be obnoxious ... i think you'll find most of us to be pretty reasonable ... and excited for this big game coming up on sunday! ...

... can't wait ...

l_j_r

where are you from? NY or NJ? or out of town?

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Holy crap if Colin Cowherd didn't use my "down Steelers street" anology on his talk show...

Edman
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/pittsburgh_often_gets_caught_in_hFTwXVuOu0VvKvfl0P wvnL

The first barbs. Didn't take long.

fansince'76
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/pittsburgh_often_gets_caught_in_hFTwXVuOu0VvKvfl0P wvnL

Meh. No biggie. Nothing that isn't true. Besides, the primary reason we lost those AFCCGs was suspect (being very kind here) QB play, which really isn't much of an issue for us at this point. If we still had the likes of Korkie behind center last week, it would be the Jets playing the Ravens in Baltimore this Sunday.

HometownGal
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Jealousy is an UGLY color of green. Remind me - how many AFCC and Super Bowl titles do the Jets have again? :doh:

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh no...in 1972 the Steelers lost to the Dolphins...The 1972 Miami Fcking Dolphins...why did Pittsburgh even host that game? The Dolphins were 14-0 that year.

Lets look at the Playoff Log...shall we...just Championship Games
72 lost at home to the Dolphins, who was undefeated and went on to win the Super Bowl
74 Won AFCTG at Oakland. We won the Super Bowl
75 Won AFCTG at Home, we won the Super Bowl
76 Lost AFCTG at Oakland, Oakland goes on to win the Super Bowl
78 Won AFCTG at Home, we won the Super Bowl
79 Won AFCTG at Home, we won the Super Bowl
84, Lost AFCTG at Miami, Miami lost Super Bowl that year to the 49ers
94, Lost AFCTG at Home to San Diego, Chargers lost to 49ers in Super Bowl (This one is the worst loss)
95, Won AFCTG at Home over Colts, Lost Super Bowl to the Cowboys (FCK YOU NEIL!)
97, Lost AFCTG at Home to Denver, Denver won Super Bowl over the Packers
01, Lost AFCTG at Home to the Patriots, Patriots went on to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl
04, Lost AFCTG at Home to the Patriots, Patriots went on to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl
05 Won AFCTG at Denver, We Won the Super Bowl
08 Won AFCTG at Home over the Ravens, Won Super Bowl over Cardinals

You're actually poking fun at that Record NY? Really? I mean, You're actually pointing at that and Laughing? Seriously?

Jets Conference Championship Games
68 Won AFCTG at Home over Oakland, Won Super Bowl over Baltimore
82 Lost AFCTG at Miami, Miami lost Super Bowl to Redskins
98 Lost AFCTG at Denver, Denver wins Super Bowl over Atlanta
09 Lost AFCTG at Indianapolis, Colts lost Super Bowl to the Saints

That's the Jets AFC Title Game Record thus far. And they want to point at us and laugh? LAUGH! Really?!!!!