PDA

View Full Version : For any Jet's fan who wants to give you $h!t about Ben.

zulater
01-16-2011, 08:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2468540

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors decided Friday not to file charges against Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who had been accused of sexually assaulting another USC student.

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Richard Tacklander, who reviewed the case, concluded there was "a lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt."

"From the outset of this investigation, I've been confident that the facts would come to light and that investigators would confirm that I was innocent of the allegations against me," Sanchez said in a statement issued by the university.

Sanchez, 19. had been arrested for investigation of assaulting a 19-year-old woman at an apartment complex near the USC campus April 26.

Prosecutors said in a charge evaluation worksheet that a review of medical exams on both parties were inconclusive on the issue of force, making the case "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation."

Unlike Ben, their qb was actually arrested for sexual assault, though charges were never filed. I'm not saying this to disparage Sanchez, it's just some of their fans are so stupid they're unawares of this, and if they come here, or elsewhere and start in with the "Rapistberger" shit, this is a good piece of information to have.

Chidi29
01-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice find. Didn't know about that.

Count Steeler
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Wonder if this will get equal time with the Ben stories that I'm sure will be out there this week and leading up to the Super Bowl.

fansince'76
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
This was mentioned in another thread right around the time of the regular season game between the two teams by someone who had visited a Jets board and got flamed with a bunch of "Rapistburger" BS. The rationale a lot of them defended Sanchez with was that it was "different" because "Sanchez was only a 19-year-old at the time," as if rape/sexual assault is somehow acceptable when it's alleged to be committed by a 19-year-old. :rolleyes:

The Duke
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Didn't even know this (he's so irrelevant that it's not even news) , thanks!

BPS3akaWirels3
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
This was mentioned in another thread right around the time of the regular season game between the two teams by someone who had visited a Jets board and got flamed with a bunch of "Rapistburger" BS. The rationale a lot of them defended Sanchez with was that it was "different" because "Sanchez was only a 19-year-old at the time," as if rape/sexual assault is somehow acceptable when it's alleged to be committed by a 19-year-old. :rolleyes:

Actually that was from me but on the Raven's forum...

steelpride12
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Nope only Ben is a rapist.

Galax Steeler
01-17-2011, 03:22 AM
This is the first I have heard about this.

zulater
01-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Actually that was from me but on the Raven's forum...

I knew it had been discussed on this board, but I couldn't remember where, and for whatever reason, I didn't think it had been absorbed by many. So sorry, not trying to jump your claim, I just thought this was something that needed to be front and center, make it more a common knowledge thing among us if you will. And judging by the responces we've got so far here, I think I've been proved correct.

BigNastyDefense
01-17-2011, 06:41 AM
I think this thread should be stickied and put up top for the remainder of at least this week so it's an easy reference in case we get some Jets jerks over here talking trash.

venom
01-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Nice to know-can be used this week at my workplace ( going to be a long week for me here in nYc )

HometownGal
01-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Nice to know-can be used this week at my workplace ( going to be a long week for me here in nYc )

Just do what I do when I get razzed for being a Steelers fan. I hope up 6 fingers and smile at 'em. :thumbsup:

I wish people in general would just forget about this shit and concentrate on the upcoming game on Sunday and the on-the-field merits of each QB. Though Sanchez had a great game yesterday, I still think Ben trumps him ten times over.

CPanther95
01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Just do what I do when I get razzed for being a Steelers fan. I hope up 6 fingers and smile at 'em. :thumbsup:

Just make sure you use the correct 6th finger.

SteelGhost
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Just make sure you use the correct 6th finger.

Yep, don't use the same finger Terrel Sucks used in his d-bag t-shirt, LOL.

SteelerFanInStl
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I just used this on a dumbazz Jets fan in another forum who called Ben "Raplisberger". We'll see what he has to say now...

fansince'76
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I just used this on a dumbazz Jets fan in another forum who called Ben "Raplisberger". We'll see what he has to say now...

I've got 10 bucks that says they'll rationalize it as Sanchez being "only a 19-year-old kid, so it didn't 'count,'" or something similarly idiotic. :rolleyes:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Why even bring it up?? Sounds like both cases are similar in that the D.A. didnt feel they could win a case.

The only difference that I see is Ben had millions of dollars and retained Ray Lewis' murder trial lawyer and Sanchez was 19 and probably could not afford F. Lee Bailey. The Georgia DA was also a bit more harsh in his statement about he prosecutes crimes not morals.

O'Malley
01-19-2011, 12:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2468540

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors decided Friday not to file charges against Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who had been accused of sexually assaulting another USC student.

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Richard Tacklander, who reviewed the case, concluded there was "a lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt."

"From the outset of this investigation, I've been confident that the facts would come to light and that investigators would confirm that I was innocent of the allegations against me," Sanchez said in a statement issued by the university.

Sanchez, 19. had been arrested for investigation of assaulting a 19-year-old woman at an apartment complex near the USC campus April 26.

Prosecutors said in a charge evaluation worksheet that a review of medical exams on both parties were inconclusive on the issue of force, making the case "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation."

Unlike Ben, their qb was actually arrested for sexual assault, though charges were never filed. I'm not saying this to disparage Sanchez, it's just some of their fans are so stupid they're unawares of this, and if they come here, or elsewhere and start in with the "Rapistberger" shit, this is a good piece of information to have.

I'm from Oregon and knew about this for a while but good find!!!!! This is why I call him Mark"Dirty"Sanchez!!!!!!

Borski
01-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I'd rather not stoop to their level. Nether Ben or Sanchez was even charged.

fansince'76
01-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Why even bring it up?? You might want to direct that question to the idiots from other fanbases who continue to drone on endlessly with the mindless and utterly stupid "Rapistburger" garbage.

The only difference that I see is Ben had millions of dollars and retained Ray Lewis' murder trial lawyer and Sanchez was 19 and probably could not afford F. Lee Bailey. The Georgia DA was also a bit more harsh in his statement about he prosecutes crimes not morals.

I also don't recall a nationally televised press conference called by the Los Angeles County DA to discuss the disposition of Sanchez's case. As such, I think it can be reasonably argued that the Georgia DA was a bit out of line with some of his comments and was guilty of grandstanding at least to some extent. If you don't have enough evidence to prosecute, then say so and simply STFU and spare everybody the needless tangent about morality.

X-Terminator
01-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I'd rather not stoop to their level. Nether Ben or Sanchez was even charged.

Ah, but there in lies the point. They don't give a shit that Ben wasn't charged, and instead keep up the "Rapelisburger" BS. You bring up Sanchez's incident, and you may as well be speaking in tongues. They are hypocrites, plain and simple.

Craic
01-19-2011, 01:11 AM
You might want to direct that question to the idiots from other fanbases who continue to drone on endlessly with the mindless and utterly stupid "Rapistburger" garbage.

I also don't recall a nationally televised press conference called by the Los Angeles County DA to discuss the disposition of Sanchez's case. As such, I think it can be reasonably argued that the Georgia DA was a bit out of line with some of his comments and was guilty of grandstanding at least to some extent. If you don't have enough evidence to prosecute, then say so and simply STFU and spare everybody the needless tangent about morality.
The problem is, if he did what you suggested, it would be bad for both him AND BEN.

There would have been accusations abounding concerning preferential treatment. Sure, there are some idiots saying it now. But IMO, if the DA didn't handle it the way he did, it would now be 10 times worse.

stillers4me
01-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Ther have been several other NFL players this year that have been accused of similiar things, yet the names of those players do not get released by the police department until all the information is gathered. That is how the Georgia matter should have been handled. The Georgia police dept. mishandled the case from the beginning siomply because Ben is a superstar player and they thought they had the the big fish.

zulater
01-19-2011, 10:03 AM

So, how;d it go???? :noidea:

lamont_jordan_rules
01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
... it's not a good thing whether it be ben, mark, or jeff garcia with another man ...

... no means no ... unless your lady is roleplaying! ...

l_j_r

zulater
01-19-2011, 10:18 AM
The problem is, if he did what you suggested, it would be bad for both him AND BEN.

There would have been accusations abounding concerning preferential treatment. Sure, there are some idiots saying it now. But IMO, if the DA didn't handle it the way he did, it would now be 10 times worse.

Couldn't disagree more. I know several lawyers who said Bright ( the Ga. D.A.) was totally out of line with the way he handled the press conference announcing no charges would be filed. Basically that wouldn't happen to Joe nobody, or even a prominent citizen. No charges should be handled with an even disposition, a simple lack of suffecient evidence was all the public was entitled to hear, and would have been prejudicial to neither the accuser or the accused. Just look at the way the L.A. prosecutor handled it as opposed to Mr. Podunk, you come away from that situation with no predisposition towards the accused or the accuser, and that's the standard that you should go for in a case that didn't even provide suffecient enough evidence to take it in front of a Grnd Jury.

zulater
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
... it's not a good thing whether it be ben, mark, or jeff garcia with another man ...

... no means no ... unless your lady is roleplaying! ...

l_j_r

She never said, "no", she never said "stop", she never offered any physical or verbal resitance, that according to her own testimony, if you had bothered to familiarize yourself with the evidence actually in play you'd be aware why charges were never filed, why no settlement was ever offered or ever will be.

lamont_jordan_rules
01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
She never said, "no", she never said "stop", she never offered any physical or verbal resitance, that according to her own testimony, if you had bothered to familiarize yourself with the evidence actually in play you'd be aware why charges were never filed, why no settlement was ever offered or ever will be.

... when it first happened i read up on it ...

... basically stopped thinking about it soon after & happily moved on to football ...

l_j_r

fansince'76
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM
... when it first happened i read up on it ...

... basically stopped thinking about it soon after & happily moved on to football ...

Yep, most non-Steelers fans didn't really follow it all that closely after the initial reports. Wouldn't really expect them to either.

vasteeler
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM

and if im not mistaken didnt she follow ben into the bathroom:noidea:

steelerdude15
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
This was mentioned in another thread right around the time of the regular season game between the two teams by someone who had visited a Jets board and got flamed with a bunch of "Rapistburger" BS.
Yeah this was on Gang Green. I say just leave it be and let both accusations alone.

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I've got 10 bucks that says they'll rationalize it as Sanchez being "only a 19-year-old kid, so it didn't 'count,'" or something similarly idiotic. :rolleyes:

The guy disappeared from the thread. :lol: