PDA

View Full Version : Cook: It was the other safety who made the big play

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:56 AM
One play, Steelers safety Ryan Clark said.

All the Steelers defense needed to do was make one play. Force a fumble. Pick off a pass. Get a sack and make the other team punt. Do something -- anything -- to get the ball in quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's hands with a short field and that 21-7 third-quarter lead by the Baltimore Ravens wouldn't look nearly so insurmountable in the AFC divisional playoff game Saturday night at Heinz Field.

So, of course, a Steelers safety made the big play.

Troy Polamalu closed as only he can and belted ...

Wait a minute.

You're right, it wasn't Polamalu this time.

"We've got two safeties on this team," Clark said, grinning...................
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11016/1118439-66.stm
Read more @

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 08:38 AM
That was a great read on Clark thanks for sharing.

hotrodder07
01-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Clark is one of the more underrated players of this Defense by the national media. He's rarely out of position, and he almost never misses a tackle. This guy is Mr. Consistency in our secondary, and he's one of the nicest players on the team, as well. Gotta love Ryan Clark.

Burghfan58
01-16-2011, 09:47 AM
It's safe to say that Clark made the 2 biggest plays in the game.

Silverback
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
"When you're up, 21-7, it's easy to be Joe Cool. It's not so easy when we're coming after you."

Awesome. :cool:

Chidi29
01-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm being completely truthful, I told my friend shortly before the game that Clark was going to be a huge key to the game if we wanted to win.

Great read by him on the INT. He had to cover a lot of field and I think him knowing about the possibility of a deep ball came from film study. Remember that in Week 13, when backed up in their own end, Baltimore took two shots down the right sideline. Granted, they were streaks with WRs instead of a corner with a TE, but I bet you anything Clark had that thought in the back of his mind at the start of the play.

Burghfan58
01-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm being completely truthful, I told my friend shortly before the game that Clark was going to be a huge key to the game if we wanted to win.

Great read by him on the INT. He had to cover a lot of field and I think him knowing about the possibility of a deep ball came from film study. Remember that in Week 13, when backed up in their own end, Baltimore took two shots down the right sideline. Granted, they were streaks with WRs instead of a corner with a TE, but I bet you anything Clark had that thought in the back of his mind at the start of the play.

I was thinking exactly that when I saw him drop back. Those 2 plays flashed before my eyes. Better outcome this time.

Steeldude
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
clark needs to make sure who he is hitting :) if he hit the WR(instead of taylor) he could have received a 15 yard penalty.

the steelers need to play smarter next week. this means slap kemo upside his head. what is going on in that guy's head? this is a veteran and he makes a stupid play like that not once, but twice in a playoff game