PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' defensive stand in second half shuts down Ravens

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Heinz Field was a lively place at the start of Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game between the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, the third meeting of the season involving these long-standing and bitter rivals. But by halftime the stadium had become sullen and still. The Ravens led by two touchdowns, a thoroughly unacceptable occurrence for most of the 64,879 in attendance.

"To be down 14 against a great defense like that, the odds are against you, really," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said. "Fortunately, we didn't quit."

Mainly, the defense brought them back. The Steelers hounded the Ravens into three turnovers and five sacks — three by James Harrison — in the final 30 minutes to transform the game, and themselves, in their 31-24 win over Baltimore.

"I just know when we came out in the second half, we made enough plays to have an impact," Keisel said. "And that's what great teams do."................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_718449.html

stillers4me
01-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm just happy they played Renegade in the third quarter instead of the fourth. :lol:

Galax Steeler
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Gotta give the defense props what a game they had.

tube517
01-16-2011, 10:31 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-ut he's a first round pick and he hasn't done anything.............:sarcasm:

"Ziggy grew up a whole lot today," veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton said.

"Fortunately for us we've got some good, young players who are big-time ballers," Keisel said. "Ziggy, I can't say enough about the kid. I'm proud of him